Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 52 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

We should do a TLF Lotus Factory visit one time ...

We've done them in the past, in fact for hundreds of people at a time with exclusive access etc. I did suggest to JMG about one this year, but it's not going to happen with timing at the moment, perhaps another time. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Interesting. I noticed you said you were there on Thursday but it looks very quiet, were people working?

Also, did you see any elises being made and if so, was it the new style or old?

410 is gonna be fantastic!

Jonny

The factory visit is the one thing I missed by buying a stock car. I've done an open day, but this was just before the Evora was launched, so large swathes of the factory were hoarded off.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

115 likes in 118 posts, some kind of TLF record? Lets get Jimmy up to 1:1 just for the craic! ;)

This does sound like a fantastic visit, I'm dead jealous!

It will be really interesting to hear your thoughts after you have run the 410 for a while on how it differs from your 400. There must be a fair few of us wondering whether it's worth the swap price from a 400 :)

Put a deposit down on the Azure Blue one then @The Pits? :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I do love the colour. I asked about the spec, it's fully loaded. I'm the type who thinks you're better off with a 400 if you're going to load it up with extras. 410 needs to be kept lean and mean!

So no, will let this one pass. For £89k it has to be my perfect spec and I would rather put a factory order in and wait few months, no hardship with a V6 Cup in the garage.

Factory order in then? That Azure blue one also appeared in by FB feed and it looks lovely. Although would be even better in Persian Blue!

13 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@The Pits have I missed a post? Is there a pic of the azure blue 410 mentioned by you, @CocoPops 

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

looking at the spec of this car: it seems that no dealer will order a 410 without satNav / airco............. would like to hear an Impression of how a 410 without Sound insulation would "behave" in real life

Yes it comes with the stereo which makes complete sense. But I wouldn't have a stereo in a Sport 410 so would be tempted to save the extra 5.5kg and go without sound deadening too (more like 10kg without the stereo). -10kg = +2bhp per ton. Not a great amount but pretty much offsets the aircon.

Do you have a stereo in yours (and therefore sound deadening after all)? 

• Gold FFM

I suspect that the reversing camera is going to be a key tool in a 410 due to the restricted rear view. I use it all the time in the 400 which in theory has much better visibility. That influenced speccing in the stereo as much as anything.

Also the one benefit of the otherwise ugly Proton side mirrors is they do provide a big enough field of view around that big assed rear end and down to lower rim height.