Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 86 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

( Stamping feet now ) I WANT pops!

Oh and a spot of blue tack keeps the phone sorted ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

All this talk of where to put ones phone.  I use these vent mounts in all my cars, including the Exige.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magnetic-iPhones-Samsung-devices/dp/B01JG7ZMIW

Works a treat , plus I always run Waze to warn me where plod are hanging out that day  ;)

Re exhaust, just wait until the car is run in and you can scream it around to the red line with the exhaust howling,  Think you might like it then 😈

• Love 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM
On 23/04/2018 at 08:32, C8RKH said:

"arse is as wide as a small country" its big National Express drivers coach seats ( a prize for the band and song referenced there so elegantly 🤣 )."

The Divine Comedy - err... National Express:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Top banana @DaveC72.  Next time we meet the beer (or two) will be on me!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

( Stamping feet now ) I WANT pops!

We'll sort that out in July.  😉

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone retro-fitted a reverse cam and double din head unit (not as rude as it sounds) to a 410?  Is the wiring in place as part of the standard loom?

12 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

They have both of these things standard? 

Not standard but an option however I do believe the wiring is there for tge head unit and these days you can use a BT connection for tge reversing camera though easy to wire in as I had it done on my S1 Evora.

The small print.

I was wondering if there was a software update to have the option to use the rear camera when not in rear drive (at least on the auto it is the only way the camera shows anything despite having a rear camera function on the audio unit)

M U S T be possible, because I saw a vid from the S1, think from the USA in which the evora was driving forward and the screen showed the landscape behind the car. I have asked on this on this Forum Long ago but no hint on that unfortunately

The pioneer unit (sph da120) installed in my S1 by the previous owner has the option to use the camera full time.  I presume the camera is powered off the reversing light or similar though as i only get a black screen until reverse is selected. The camera angle would be rubbish for a rear view mirror with a screen full of number plate,  i'd want it installed up in the engine cover slats on a 410...

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone has shared the numbers for the Sport 410 from a certificate of provenance. I received mine and the headline figures are as follows;

• 72 cars built
  • 25 for the UK

A rare beast indeed.

• Love 2

Ooooh, nice to know. Thanks for that @ricvx

I am hoping that in the future the 410Sport will be a bit like the Esprit Sport 300 and a bit of a rare but perfectly formed beast appreciated by real driving aficionado's.

Had my Fire Red out on Sunday with the LEGS outing and just fell in love with it all over again. The colour int he sun was amazing. Also, with Stephen's Fire Red Exige 380 there too, wow........

The small print.

Only let down by the red marker on the steering wheel - why the fuck is it not yellow?

Dave.

Ok, so I’ve kind of fallen in love with the 410. I drove the 400 a while ago and was super impressed. But the 410. Just wow. And all that carbon 😍

I drove the following earlier today (took a massive road trip from London!)

I’d want to retrofit a screen to the Grey. The Yellow spec is spot on. Both auto and manual great to drive. The Grey is an ex press car, but was used mainly for media shots only I’ve been told (not track). The yellow is a demo car @ Oakmere.

Im driving the green 410 at Silverstone this weekend and will decide between the 3 after. But leaning towards the Grey. 

To any Londoners, what are thoughts on auto vs manual? Also, I never knew colour choice could be this agonising 😫

V

5 hours ago, london_v said:

To any Londoners, what are thoughts on auto vs manual? Also, I never knew colour choice could be this agonising 😫

V

Welcome, the colour choice is worth hours of sleepless nights and moments of absolute decision followed minutes later by a change of mind....

@Sizona is a central Londoner , his GT430 is auto. There will be more choice non auto but only you’ll know if a manual (any manual) is sufferable due to traffic and queuing . The latest auto though is really enjoyable and no less fun.

Anyway colours...😁

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-sport-410/8098548

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/our-new-demo-lotus-evora-sports-410-stunning-colour-combination/7278100

Black n gold

Very happy with my 400 auto. It just takes too long to get out of London anyway so the potential extra feel of the manual would be wiped out by the extra pain of getting out.

As it is, i am using it for any short trip, any excuse works.

32 minutes ago, jonnyboy said:

Grey one is a press car just FYI 

Best colour (biased) 

In fact the yellow oakmere is a press car as well. 

Yes aware it’s an ex press car but from what I’ve been told was used for a lot of the media shots...the black 410 at B&C was the one that was ragged??

The Grey needs a service and I’ve negotiated this is done at Lotus before handover...and at 4K miles, it should want for nothing. 

My Cayman was PDK and loved the ease of pottering around town and then at the flick of a switch all hell breaks loose  

A question re: autos...I almost always override with a downshift using the flappy paddles. How does the car go back to automatic mode? Does this change depending on normal / sport / race?

8 minutes ago, PAR said:

Very happy with my 400 auto. It just takes too long to get out of London anyway so the potential extra feel of the manual would be wiped out by the extra pain of getting out.

As it is, i am using it for any short trip, any excuse works.

Sounds about right. Where abouts in London are you? Nice to hear of a local Evora owner 👍🏽

Normal goes back to auto when no gear is changed for a moment (quickly enough that sometimes you did not intend to but happened to be in same gear) or you can get in back to auto by staying pressed on the up gear for 2 sec. In sport/race, it is waiting for your instructions.