Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2bular "Track" system - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2bular "Track" system

Hi Stuart
I looked at the two sites in the internet JPE Exhaust (or ipe ...) and BTB Exhaust but have not found their own products for Lotus.
Definitely they have them on command or at the specific request ... but ... I do not know ...

16 minutes ago, NANO said:

Hi Stuart
I looked at the two sites in the internet JPE Exhaust (or ipe ...) and BTB Exhaust but have not found their own products for Lotus.
Definitely they have them on command or at the specific request ... but ... I do not know ...

Yes they are bespoke system manufacturers (Jpexhausts in macclesfield)  but they will do exactly what you want .......for a fee !

Akrapovic aren't doing a Lotus exhaust otherwise I'd have one of those :)

For the money 2bular stuff is very good, you just have to wait some time for some of his work. Though now he's 'sold' the company and is looking to sub contractor a lot of the work it might get quicker delivery. So developed by Jim but welded up by a.n.other.

There are some vids of the Larini around which sounds a lot better than the original to consider but is a higher note than the 2bular - well to my ears anyway!

Black n gold

I thought the 2 JPE & BTB were building on request ...

Akrapovic ... is very good, even the sound, but for Lotus ... nothing ?

It seems to me Larini a little less strong 2bular with valve open ... what do you say ?

Even to my ears like a nice sound "dry" (F1 ??? :rolleyes:) with open valve ... (then with the closed remain in the street rules ...)

Larini told me that though the material leaves something to be desired ...

Nano, I prefered the deeper tone of the 2bular so waited for that one :) I'm told the new Larini is 'louder' than the old bi modal system but not heard a finished item.

Komotec sound good, but I've only heard the full system (awesome)

Btw I understand the 2bular track systems are available its the valved systems that are behind. There has always been an issue getting decent valves and I remember Jim tryong to source them from all over to get a decent one thats he's happy with.

Black n gold

like old times ... a letter perhaps will be more successful ... it's so long time I write more letters ... ahahahahah

It could be a solution :thumbup:

I would say the first one that has a contact (written, phone or other) and find @Jim keep us informed, updated ...

Edited by NANO

Up date got a text from Jim this morning and he was fabricating mine today :) he thanked me for my patience, as the previous posts said I think that if you want a 2Bular then join the queue in farness to Jim I never discussed a delivery date or requested a lead time when I placed my order  and he has always replied when I've contacted him By Phone Email and Text  

• Like 1

I discussed my desire for 2bular headers with CMC in Edinburgh. He contacted Jim and handled all the delivery and spec details and 3 weeks from discussion they were on the car. Previously, when I was emailing him to ask him loads of super daft laddy really knobby questions my emails were always eventually returned, always polite, always informative.

I have nothing but praise for Jim 2bular and his products but can understand peoples frustrations. I really do think 2bular is a victim of its own success and track record. We need more companies like this in the UK!

Now thinking of going the whole hog and swapping my Lotus Sports exhaust for a 2bular one...  Wonder what the lead time might be! :devil:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have no complaints regarding delivery of my track system. From initial discussions to taking delivery took maybe 3-4 weeks.

It arrived last week as promised ?

The difficult thing with a small, but hugely talented business like 2bular is getting the balance right between dealing with the numerous enquirers and actually manufacturing systems. One guy, many tasks.

Decide if you want it, don't dilly dally, place an order and keep in a reasonable amount of contact regarding progress. I can't fault Jim, his professionalism and commitment to his product is second to none.

Persevere ?

As mentioned previously, it's worth the wait and effort. 

I currently have my 2Bular V6 Exige "Valved" system on the way to me in Australia (hopefully arriving Monday).  This is about the 3rd 2Bular system/headers etc that I've had (for various other Lotus cars).  Jim's quality is second to none, I simply wouldn't ever have any other system on my car.  Yes sometimes there are manufacturing delays and this can be frustrating but it is always worth the wait.  Jim is a lovely guy, always delivers, is passionate about his product and quality and knows exactly what he is talking about.  My advice to anyone thinking about swapping to something else - grin & bear it, it's worth the wait.

O'h and by the way, he's around but just very very busy.  Maybe if you need to contact him, an email or a text is a good idea, that way you aren't taking him too much away from focussing on designing/prototyping & making systems.

Edited by Aussie
  • Like 1

I know he gets inundated with emails and after spending 14+ hours a day, often i believe 7 days a week, making new systems for customers the last thing I am sure he wants to do is to sit in front of a PC sorting through them all.

I'm really hoping that is recent trade sale/expansion will allow him to focus more on the R&D whilst bringing the capacity to produce more. Win:Win for all hopefully.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sent an inquiry and he responded right away. I told him that we do not have any emission or noise regulations where I am from so I will most likely be going with de cat pipes instead of a Race cell but was wondering about which backbox system given the fact that I will be regularly tracking the car and there's no limitation on how noisy it can be anyway. Must be a dream scenario for Jim!

Out with the old in with the new came Friday

Quite a snug fit Sounds great and beautifully made worth the wait no drone on the motorway

Very pleased took me 4 Hours to fit but I'm a bit anal      

P1020573.jpg

P1020575.jpg

• Like 1

After numerous promises of the exhaust shipping at the end of last week (12th), to "It's shipping tomorrow" on Monday,  and now no response..... If he was just honest with when it's actually going to ship, I wouldn't be bothered!. I paid a crapload to have it shipped to Oz, nevermind the cost of the exhaust itself. I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a long time. 

2015 Orange Exige V6

Steve I think you can only be sure its on its way when he sends you as Email with the tracking details must admit I had a couple of failed dates just ignore the dates till the Email arrives am afraid, worth the wait though.   

Well, patience has paid off and my valved system is on it's way. Parcel Force tracking details received.

Fair play to Jim, communication has been really good over the past couple of weeks with regular phone calls and txt updates.

Can't wait to get it on :devil: