Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aerobat's Evora Project - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aerobat's Evora Project

aerobat

Yes, I will be.   The grey is primer on top of carbon fibre, and it's got a smooth finish.  This leaves the door open to change colours/ appearance anytime by re-wrapping, or painting in the future.

• Like 1

The reason I ask is because the 'B is for Build' guy is painting his Evora before he wraps it. I think that this is to insure a uniform colour under the wrap. 

Are you not concerned that the red & grey areas might show thorough the wrap as slightly different shades or tones?

I am assured that it will all be fine, and I guess I'll let you know!  lol.   Actually, when all is said and done, the doors are the only remaining original external body parts.   Everything else gets replaced with carbon fibre.   The red parts that are showing in the pictures either get covered or replaced.

• Like 1

I finally got a chance to go see progress in person.   Of course I'm biased, but I must say the car is much more stunning in person than it shows in pictures.  The rear deck and bumper still have to be fitted.  After everything is wrapped, the body panels get their final fitment.   After that, the entire vehicle gets wrapped with a clear vinyl, as a stone guard.  That will make the carbon fibre roof, A pillars, side air scoops etc appear to be more gloss than they show here.   The GTE wheels came with Michillen Pilot PS2 tires on them.   I do have the Mansory 460 HP upgrade kit installed.  I'll wait till it's completely finished, but the rear wheels could still be pushed out a little?

They're guessing 2 more weeks to complete?  I won't hold my breath, and will plan on it taking another four.  They say the chrome vinyl is very hard to wrap without showing defects, and they are making it perfect.  It is completely hiding the underlying paint, with no bleed and nothing showing through.

And for anyone really following this, it is a North American LHD, with the small rear seat, and IPS transmission.  It will dedinitely turn heads!

DSCF1091.JPG

DSCF1092.JPG

DSCF1093.JPG

DSCF1097.JPG

DSCF1100.JPG

DSCF1096.JPG

DSCF1099.JPG

• Like 1

You might want to wrap or paint your washer bottle black, as they did on the originals. Im not a fan of the red wrap but it looks better than I thought it would. Keep up the good work!

Gav

You bet.   I like to keep in good company!

Thanks Gav !

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, thanks guys.   Our weather has been surprisingly good still - high teens/ low 20s (Celsius), sunny and dry.   

And Colin - this project has been going on so long, I feel like I'm just along for the ride.  Well, that and paying for it all .....      Have no idea when it will finally be all done.   Can't wait though!

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, 21gg said:

Well? Are you getting a shiny red present of santa this Christmas??

Gav

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.   This shop has taken over another vinyl wrapping business, and has become overwhelmed with wrapping new vehicles.   (Clear wrapping for a stone guard).   It had certainly been the plan to have it finished and home by Christmas, but the reality is that it is not going to be driven until spring arrives.   So, I guess that makes it a low priority for now.   I have not forgotten this thread, and will provide updates as soon as I have any!

Merry Christmas/ Happy Christmas to all !

Not much progress to report.  The last bits of the car to be wrapped in the chrome red are done - the rear bumper and rear clam.  The mechanic who assembles the parts is away until Jan. 2nd, but when he's back he will assemble all the final bits and carbon fibre accessories.   Then the whole car goes from the workshop back to the showroom to be re-wrapped in clear coat as a stone guard, and to make the CF parts look all shiny.  I guess my 2016 project will become a 2017 project, but maybe that's not a bad thing!

Project 40.jpg

Project 41.jpg

Project 42.jpg

• Like 2