Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
80s turbo wanted - Page 3 - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

80s turbo wanted

purso

I guessed that Barry and should of put the price but was Mark's business with any buyers, I just wanted to make people on the forum aware as quite a few after a early Turbo ??

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Wow 20k for one needing a fair bit of work and high miles. Just goes to show how things have changed over the last 12 months. Pity it's pricing them out of reach for a lot of buyer's though.

Yes the days of cheap Esprit's are in the past as covered on the forum already. The early Turbos have hit where S1's were a few years back I think, look where they are now in the market....?

The thing I liked about this one is the nice original interior, the cloth looks quite welcoming albeit rather red.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

A Turbo Esprit should be out of reach for a lot of buyers. It's a bona fide supercar!

• Like 1

Sorry Chris - how could I forget. Very unusual interior your one.......is it the only one?

I now also remember a white Turbo project that needed restored and engine work, with a red cloth interior........this one - need to try and find a pic of the interior

IMG_3502.JPG

Found it - sold for £8990 in 2014. I'd imagine it would have sold for around double that this year....:o

IMG_3503.PNG

• Like 1

it looks a nice car Dave.II think I have missed the boat on prices.When I look back there are many cars I should have kept .Stephen .Yes I remember the tobacco trim now.  I can't give my Tvrs away which I find sad.But I still enjoy reading about the Esprits on the forum ....Mike

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

is it the only one

@pete said that someone (Hilton & Moss?) was asking about where to get the material a short while ago, so maybe not the only one.

I think the market is coming round to Esprits and struggling to learn the value of the different models.  So we still have anomalies where some wrecks can be priced too high whereas half decent original cars are occasionally still low (not often!).  I imagine the market will sort itself out soon enough.

The way early turbos have leapt up of late makes me wonder if they'll overtake S2s, I personally love the S2 silhouette but who doesn't love a turbo! Plus an esprit always looks good in silver.

Dry sump Turbos are rare but historically most buyers would just as soon have a wet sump. G Turbos as a whole are not so rare, they made many more Turbos than S2's and S3's. Had it been the other way around I'm sure the Turbo cars would already have overtaken the S2's.