Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 exhaust note vs Evora S 2bular note - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 exhaust note vs Evora S 2bular note

• Gold FFM

I've not heard the 2Bular in person but the few online clips of it does seem like  you wouldn't feel short changed if you had one!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

17 hours ago, JAWS said:

@Jim LinThe 400 exhaust note is in a different league!!!:lol: 

Second to that I'd go with the Lotus Sports silencer (with decat pipe) followed very closely by the 2bular silencer (with decat pipe).

guessing you've heard both!! I so want the 400, as everyone says it's a note to die for, with supercar sound qualities....both equally I can't stretch to a 400 right now....wondering if I can make do with a NA and just stick the 2bular on it...

I have a 2bular switchable system on my NA. It is pretty mental. No drone and sounds lovely when you let the revs climb. Through a tunnel it sounds pretty epic..

oh and then you switch it to loud mode...sounds amazing! In tunnels and anywhere where there is a wall to bounce the sound off it is almost too much...almost!

I am same as you. Have an NA, would love a 400 but trying to justify it. Well I don't think you can on exhaust note alone..

C43

On 15/04/2016 at 21:43, JAWS said:

@Jim LinThe 400 exhaust note is in a different league!!!:lol: 

Second to that I'd go with the Lotus Sports silencer (with decat pipe) followed very closely by the 2bular silencer (with decat pipe).

Can we knock the adoration for the 400 exhaust on the head please? With a 3" bore when the valve is "open", the boost drops so much, you lose 40bhp on the supercharged motor. Fitting it to the N/A motor is laughable. N/A's need to keep the gas-speed up right through the system for best performance - and a 3" bore isn't going to do that. Stupid Lotus dealers fit the Stg1 exhaust from the supercharged 2ZZ motor, to the Elise S 1.6, (because it has twin-tips!) losing all the torque (such as it is)  - don't go down the same road.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2016 at 19:58, Jim Lin said:

Can anyone who's had the good fortune to have heard the two different exhaust comment on which one sounds better please!

Thank you. 

Evora 400 sounds very good out of the box. However a full 2bular system on an Evora S is on another level altogether and the stock Evora 400 exhaust is no match.

From various YouTube clips my preference is for the Larini back box from a sound perspective. With decat pipe or full komotec hearted if the budget allows. 

Jim,

Can you give me some advice on my Evora S please?  I was planning to do whatever needs doing (disconnect & plug a tube, I think) so my exhaust flap would be open all the time - I never use sport mode because I don't like the throttle map.  If I do this, am I going to lose significant torque/power/MPG?  My car is the last of the MY11s & the dealer told me it has an MY12 exhaust.

This would be just while I save up for one of yours, of course.

On 4/25/2016 at 06:40, 2bular Exhausts said:

Can we knock the adoration for the 400 exhaust on the head please? With a 3" bore when the valve is "open", the boost drops so much, you lose 40bhp on the supercharged motor. Fitting it to the N/A motor is laughable. N/A's need to keep the gas-speed up right through the system for best performance - and a 3" bore isn't going to do that. Stupid Lotus dealers fit the Stg1 exhaust from the supercharged 2ZZ motor, to the Elise S 1.6, (because it has twin-tips!) losing all the torque (such as it is)  - don't go down the same road.

Sorry to ask the same question again - thought I'd try quoting you this time, Jim, in the hope that you'll get an email & see my question, below.

Jim,

Can you give me some advice on my Evora S please?  I was planning to do whatever needs doing (disconnect & plug a tube, I think) so my exhaust flap would be open all the time - I never use sport mode because I don't like the throttle map.  If I do this, am I going to lose significant torque/power/MPG?  My car is one of the last MY11s & the dealer told me it has an MY12 exhaust.

This would be just while I save up for one of yours, of course.