Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AM Vanquish Zagato - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AM Vanquish Zagato

Aston Martin have today released details of the 2016 Vanquish Zagato concept. As usual, the Italian design firm take a standard car and embellish it with styling cues that are occasionally challenging, sometimes pleasing but always a talking point.

Underneath the hallmark exterior the V12 engine has been slightly fettled to produce 600bhp and there is talk of "improved dynamics" which could mean anything from altered geo to a complete suspension overhaul but I hear rumours of different spring and damper rates.

A clicky to the AM website with a bit more blurb and a handful of studio photos to go with the ones below.

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_01_

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_05_

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_03_

• Gold FFM

I think the top photo looks odd and the line over the rear wheel doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the car, but then the rear shot seems ok.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Does anyone think Lotus could take note here?  People falling over themselves to purchase the latest limited editions at insane prices (and I'm not talking about the Evora Hethel edition BTW)  It's the same deal with Rolex etc. Must be a real money spinner for these companies or am I missing something?

• Like 2

Was the Esprit the last Lotus, the only Lotus to be ostentatiously (or otherwise) attached to an Italian design house? Should Lotus try and go there now though, is that what the company is about? 

That Vanquish; I'd say it's one to behold in the flesh. I love the way the subtle double bubble slips almost all the way down to the overhanging upper lip of tail, and below, that exposed black underbody sticking out like the awkward lips of that girl in school with the braces you secretly crushed on, or the naughty flesh beneath an impossibly short '80's cut off tee that was instantly the best view of boobs you never knew existed. That rear 1/3 has the challenge in it that Zagato are incredible at, it's a sexy bum in profile and something new from them, but almost predictable from dead astern and just another Aston from everywhere else.

AM may well have said; "This is what Aston Martin looks like in 2016", leaving Zagato to try and content themselves with colouring inside the lines.