Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 10 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

154jt5.jpg

• Like 1

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

On August 10, 2016 at 13:15, DJ Bob said:

The reason I'm asking is because I'm being charged $25/week storage while the car sits at the garage waiting for the new system. I don't want to spend $100 on storage fees to save $50 on shipping- only the govt. can get away with that kind of financial strategy lol.

Plus, my mechanic is somewhat miffed at me because he wanted me to purchase a replacement OEM part he found in Lifton, UK which would have been installed by now.

Hey DJ Bob,

You might consider a cost / benefit analysis of signing up for AAA service and having them flatbed your car from the lot, then, when the header arrives, flatbedding it back again (which I understand can be a very...delicate operation, so that point may be moot). Three weeks' storage (next week for invoices/payment, the week after for shipping, the week after until the package arrives) may add up to more than the cost of membership (if you get taxed on that $25)--and while the car is again in your possession, you can spend those weeks working on other, smaller projects related to your car. Just a suggestion, as I've actually done that (rolled my car onto the street in neutral in order to get trailered to the shop, using AAA). Probably not cost-effective short term, but depending on what level of membership you may have, you may get two more tows out of it (up to 100-200 miles). Just a random, weird thought you're free to ignore or "pooh pooh"!

Also--I hope Anita is doing well and overcomes whatever negative thing is going on in her life!

Cheers,

Scott

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

Hi Scott-

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Believe me, I've thought them all through many times. I already have AAA and get 4 free tows a year, so I try to save them till I need them. Plus, the last AAA tow ended up costing me a lot in front end suspension repairs. A removable tow hook to solve that problem is one reason the car is in the shop.

Usually I rent a U-haul to tote her around. My Ford E350 diesel can easily handle towing it, but each trip would be a PITA and cost around $100 (rent U-haul, beer & lunch for helpers).

Also, if I bring the car home, I go down on the waiting list to put it back in. When it's there and in his way, he'll want to fix it quicker to get it out of there. hehe.

Maybe next week.

close to 30K worth of product.   Not a bad order to rattle through :-)

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

With my business hat on I am suprised production has gone so far without securing as much as a deposit from us punters. Happy that my money is still earning me interest at the moment though.

They look lovely cant wait to get my hands on ours.

• Like 1

Alunox is trying to get them done right.

"You never serve vine before its time" They are being aged in oak barrels now... :-)

LOL

Edited by Zig
  • Like 2

I am already in the group buy for a Stevens manifold ship to the US.  I'd like to know if there is an option for a full exhaust system including the race cat?  I'm afraid that shipping the entire exhaust to the US might be prohibitive.  Is there an option for this?

As I try to wait patiently for the new exhaust manifold to arrive, Allie (my welding minion) has assembled the parts for the rest of the exhaust system. All in we have about $165 in parts assembled here. We think we will add a V-band in the area after the flex so we can make it in 2 parts for easy assembly. She also picked up a hanger in case we don't like the weight hanging in the turbo and muffler. We shall see.

IMG_2883_zps6so8q22u.jpg

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Dont want to cause problems and have not yet contacted Alunox however not very impressed with the invoice. Original price for Stevens system was £1150 + vat with a group buy of £900 + vat. Now I'm paying £1500 + vat so can anyone explain what I have missed? 

Just got my invoice and it shows 900 gbp, + 35.00 packaging + 25.07 credit card fee + carriage net of 67.99, total of 1028.06

Did you opt for the complete system?  I only put in to get the manifold.

Jim

Cheers Jim, I went for Just Stevens manifold hence my surprise. But at least I know it might just be me.

Will give them a bell tomorrow morning to see what's going on.

If it is for complete system then will be chuffed!

5 hours ago, jime said:

Just got my invoice and it shows 900 gbp, + 35.00 packaging + 25.07 credit card fee + carriage net of 67.99, total of 1028.06

+1   Woooot!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

7 hours ago, chris said:

Cheers Jim, I went for Just Stevens manifold hence my surprise. But at least I know it might just be me.

Will give them a bell tomorrow morning to see what's going on.

If it is for complete system then will be chuffed!

my invoice is substantially higher. 1300 gbp for stevens and downpipe to box/muffler (i had asked for a quote on this to make the decision for the downpipe) and shipping is 148.77 gbp for shipping, this makes it about $640 usd for a downpipe... Not sure its worth more than half a header for a downpipe. As jslpcum pointed out, its much easier to fab than a header.

None of the above is meant to detract from the value of this gp, just providing info i received. I am excited for the header even tho i have no idea when i will get around to it!

19 hours ago, DJ Bob said:

Does anyone know the weight difference between the stainless steel and cast iron exhaust systems?

My S4S manifold weights 20.2 lbs (9.16 Kg).  

Per Alunox... their "manifold is lighter than the original cast unit weighing only 6 Kg".  

Looks like 33% weight saving over OEM.

Edited by Zig
  • Like 1

Is that just your manifold or does it include the manifold, waste gate and related pipes? I think when Alunox mentions manifold, they are including everything up to the turbo itself.