Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1968 Elan - STOLEN - Classic Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1968 Elan - STOLEN

theelanman

Yellow over White Elan S4 1968, VUW 896G was stolen from a locked garage in Henley-on-Thames on Friday night 26th August 2016) - clearly a targeted theft, with nothing else removed (except a motorbike). Chassis number 458464     Engine number C17331B. I would of course appreciate any leads, even on the appearance of suspicious parts since it might be broken (I am watching eBay). 
The engine is running well, albeit a little smokey and having a tendency to oil the plugs. Red cam cover.  I can be contacted on 07768 348 342. Noel Clothier

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

This is awful news. I do hope you get it back. I'm often trawling Lotus for sale ads on various sites, so I'll keep an eye open for it.

It's getting there......

Horrendous, I would be heartbroken. I really hope you can trace the car and the scumbag responsible is caught. Social media can really help with stuff like this so I hope some useful info comes up soon.

It's listed on FB with club lotus.....

I'm sure it'd be cool on the TLF page too

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

I always wonder to myself what these sort of people would think if this happened to their parents?

It's self answering though in that they would just go and steal the same thing back for them.

Hope it gets returned to you. And the bike.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Gareth, I am gutted for you, sounds like they knew it was there and planned it.

do you have any pictures I am sure that might help, what is the feed back from the police? 

I trust it was insured

Sickens me what scum are about,  Like the old pulp fiction saying "never f==k with another mans automobile" :(

The thing is , not like its not a rare looking car but yellow also.!  Surely it should be found soon in these tight circles ? 

Unless it is on the back of a truck heading out into europe :cry:

A