Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3. The Progress & Plans Thread! - Page 2 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3. The Progress & Plans Thread!

Malc,

Way to go w/ the piston idea! It'll give the beast a bit more low end grunt if it's currently on lower comp. pistons. :( That's a very generous offer!

Great to hear how it's all coming together! If everyone was this kind, we would have fewer problems in the world.

Cheers, Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's all gone a bit quiet over here recently so I thought I'd try to get things started again. I've had a rummage in my garage and found a suitable brand new unused thermostat (83 deg) that I'll gladly bung in the post to help the project along.

Any updates as to what else is required? (and I don't just mean parts/money - what man power is needed?)

The current situation is that Troy is ploughing through the parts required and get the parts numbers for them so we know what we need. We'll order all that in, the stuff that can't be found elsewhere, and then once we know delivery times etc we'll be able to plan timescales.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Bigsi over chat for a couple of hours tonight.

He knows something is up with Troy trailiering his car.

I'm helping him with some Solidworks designs for his pedals, shifter knob, and handbrake.

He wants to make them like the Pagani Zonda parts. He already has someone contacted for the machining and everything.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

Don't know when you're getting it Troy, but Si sounding really fed up, not much going right with the car at the mo.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Guest Troy Halliday

As Bibs said the parts are on order and we are waiting to hear a timescale. We do have a few tricks up our sleeve but we're keeping that one to ourselves for the min to see how things pan out. I know Simon is very frutrated at the moment I am in contact with him almost daily but his better half is pretty much up to speed. He is getting ancious wanting to do something to the car but everything he mentions is either going to be removed during the "Overhaul" or replaced. Plus not being the smallest of guys he is at a little bit of a disadvantage when it comes to working on an Esprit, see you are meant to be elf size like me to get properly stuck in :)

Who has got a Turbo car in bits at the moment? I promise you can have back all the bits I borrow :( ........ no realy you can.

Good to hear things are moving on.

I'll be placing an order later this week with Frost's for POR-15, Metal Ready, degreaser, chassis cleaner etc. If you need anything like that, PM me with the details and I'll add them to the order & donate them to the cause.

Phil

More speed, less haste

Who has got a Turbo car in bits at the moment? I promise you can have back all the bits I borrow :) ........ no realy you can.

Umm....

Me??? About a million pieces.... (not sure where they are all supposed to go though!!! LOL)

Any you'll be in my garage so its plenty convenient!!!!

Looks like the big girls really thrown his teddies out the pram.... Deleted ALL his photos from Photobucket and hence his projects page...!!!!

Chunky Lover

Simon, all his pics from donny are still there, so it looks as if he has either messed it up or just deleated the project section.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Guest Troy Halliday

I've just spoken to him he is having a bit of tuf time at the moment copping with things and it just came at the wrong time. He has stripped of the rear calipers today so the project continues as normal.

Simon I may need a few things in advance but I will let you know soon. :)

Troy, just seen Bigsi's update in the project section.

If you are worried about the pitting on the caliper pistions then I have a pair of rear calipers which are in relatively good nick which I can donate to the cause if needed.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Check this little lot out.

I won't go into details but we've got these parts for an incredible deal which means that funds raised can now be input into more 'upgrades' for the car and not on bit's n bob's. Happy days and a big thank you with kisses to those who made this possible, you know who you are :realmad:

dsc00660fc4.jpg

The suspension is due to arrive any day, then as soon as the little man is free and we sort out timings etc, we're all systems GO GO GO :whistle::rolleyes::thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Guest Troy Halliday

OK kids NEWS FLASH

Right I have just started a new job (well kinda), which I am not happy about but need the reguler money and have told them I have two weeks holiday booked. So I am hoping to get the car from Si's Sunday 15th or Monday 16th. Could all of those who offered some assistance please PM me ASAP. Now I am on nights all next week so if I ring you and sound knackered you'll know why. I am gonna need to order some parts from FROSTS early this week to be delivered to Simon 350's.

We are going to need some degreeser lots of it I have been recomended this but as yet have not used it Marine Clean any comments on this product or similar more than welcome.

Some Metal Ready

Some Por15 Rust Preventative Silver Paint

Some P300 Aluminium Engine Enamel

Some P415 Stirling Silver PAINT

Some wire brushes, wire wheels for drills and grinders, and possibly some of these Abrasive Cup Wheel

We are also I am sure going to come across a fair few things on the way so if South West Lotus Centre, PNM Engineering, or any others are reading this thread could you please be on full alert for a phone call froma manic dwarf on a mission. I will be ringing a few of our friendly suppliers this week just to give them a heads up.

We will also be needing nuts, bolts, washers, jubilee clips and things like that so if anyone has and good suppliers or has access to any of these things please give me a PM.

I am going to bring as much tools with me as I can fit in my Esprit so anyone near by please let me know if you can spare a few bits here and there. A compressor would be of great help, I can bring my air impact gun and the like with me.

Ok man power. I'm gonna need cleaners, painters, photographers/video, spare hands and coffee makers. We are going o be going at this pretty hard which will mean late nights, lots of cuts and bruses, and proberbly me shouting and thanking you all later when my manners catch up with my brain. We will need to know of any local machine shops that can press out bearings and things like that so to all you guys from the land of cloud covered hills a kinky sheep that is gonna be up to you.

Now what I had planned was an intense strip out, then whist cleaning and painting is going on then the engine can be rebuilt. Once all the parts are ready (or ready for that section) they will be refitted.

Ok budget time. If we manage to get the mechanicals of the car back up to scratch with budget remaining then our plan is to "PIMIP" Si's interior out Zonda style. I have given this some thought and what we plan on doing is. Replace his headliner, cant rail and A-posts with a quilted red cloth. Fabricate new inner cills and wrap them in carbon fibre sheet. His central arm rest, and steering column will be recovered in Carbon embossed leather. An Aluminium surround will be faricated around the gear stick panel and fighter style flip switches with relays will be installed for the electric windows. An Aluminium Bezzle will be made for the clocks. A bukle strap will be made for his glove box. Simon has already been working on some cad drawings with one of our American brethren (sorry name escapes me) for some peddle pucks, gear knob and handbrake surround. So I will get those emailed to me and see if my friend can fabricate them on his machine. His Elsie seats will need to be retrimed and fitted I will try to get a close match of his red leather for those. We will then respray the remaining leather as we did with Fishys interior.

Now bare in mind we need to see how far the budget will stretch and if we do the interior it will delay the return of the car for a further few weeks while I retrim all his panels. But I can handle the the excuses for the late delivery of the car and can get him to ring companies up to order parts we don't need and they won't send.

I hope that gets you a bit more up to speed, I will do as much as is possible to the car in as little time as I can manage, and then all we will need is a forum wide turn out and some massive boxes of tissues for the return. If it does not coinside with a planned event then we will create a special event.

So thats about it for now please get those PM's flowing in or text me on 07999063903, if you need to call please make it mid afternoon cos as I said I am working nights. :lol:

Wow !!!!!

If you're looking for a special event for the hand-over then why not use the LEW/LEF Oxford meet at Heythrop on sunday 13th May?

Just a thought.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well looks like I wont be able to help as much as first thought then as it looks most of the work will be done during the week.

I simply cant get time off infact the only day I had last year was the factory tour! If i wasnt here for a week there wouldnt be a company let alone a job!

As for jubalie clips etc if you want stainless and want to just pick and choose then you could try Stainless stuff I got some stuff within a couple of days and its good quality

If I can help in any other way at all even if you want more hands come a weekend then you just have to ask

Glyn

Shit dude thats short notice....!!!!

Off on the sick at the moment but feeling much better than I was yesterday..!!! You dont want to know...!!! :D

Got the next 2 weeks provisionally booked off work, took some serious persuading..!!!

Seriously guys, loads of you have offered to help over the past few months which is great, I know this is short notice but all help will be gratefully recieved.... be it evenings,weekends or if you've got a little spare time during the weeks...

Got some accomodation, big sofas and a garden for tents if thats what takes your fancy.....

Also the middle of the Second week is my Birthday 26th April....!!!!! I may have to drink a little that day...!!!!

Just a thought, anybody visiting my house on my birthday need not post a pic of a sexy naked girlie on LEF, but you MUST bring a real girlie along with you...!!! For me to..... ummm..... well.... thats my business.... :D

Come on guys pledge your support.......

Cheers

Simon

Bibs dude

Can you send an e-mail out to all, appart from BigSi of course, to make them aware of this update, just incase a few people are busy and not popped in to check updates recently..???

Simon

Chunky Lover

Gents,

would love to help (how much help i'll actually be is questionable though)

can do weekend or maybe late friday to sunday type thing if that is any use??

also trying to organise the hooning south-east massive to lend a hand (see: this the i'm up for a hoon thread....) although i've kept it cryptic in case, so what replies to that i get is again questionable.

not quite sure of dates you are planning to do work - is it 2 weeks commencing 16th April?

anyways let me know and i will break out of school early on the friday to blat down M4 and stand around like a plum in the land of wales???

if that is of no use all the best and i hope others put their money/help where their keyboards are...

rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Umm.....

Dudes & Dudettes...????

Only a few replies so far..... (Cheers Glyn & Rog) I'm guessing you've all called Troy rather than posting on here....

Come on everyone, no need to :sofa: it'll be a great :thumbup: with lots of ;) and :pizza:

There'll most likely be loads of :rant: and ;) and :doc: but all will end up well with the BigMan all :wub:

So come on everyone, every little helps..... or we'll have to send the boys around doing a bit of :fish: and :popo:

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Si

I've PM'd Troy but since you're asking I've said yes and if you've got the space I'll have my sleeping bag. Waiting to hear back from Troy which days and when. I suspect quite a few have contacted Troy direct. I've got 23rd - 25th as days off anyway so I can give some midweek help.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Punky reporting for duty.....Sir.

Let me just check my diary :thumbup: ..........umm........uhh..........ok

Yep! I apear to have the rest of my life off at the moment ;)

I can help with the Sunday or Monday pick up as well.

Dam, that is short notice :pizza:

i am off work this week doing work on the house (should be the car but.......) so cant make it next week - have to go back ;) should be able to be available fri21/sat22 unless i can wrangle some more off :thumbup:

Troy!!!! oh no! that meens you wont have time for my cambelt will it ?? (after Si's of course)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)