Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Do you repeat the person you are speaking to? - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Do you repeat the person you are speaking to?

ramjet

• Gold FFM

If you answered 'No', please read on. If you answered 'Yes', then, sorry, you are just weird. :P

Bibs has said this before, but I find I am going to have to repeat him. There is no need to quote the post directly before your post in a topic. Treat topics as discussions. You do not repeat back everything the person before you just said, so try not to do it on TLF. It clutters a topic and gives the mods a lot of work to do removing all the unnecessary quotes from users posts.

If you are replying to a post made several posts back, then fine, quote the post so that your post makes sense in the topic.

If you are going to firstly respond to the post above yours, don't quote it. Reply to it and then if you are going to keep replying to other posts also, then quote them.

I know that I for one, will be much happier than spending a lot of time on here fixing up posts. :)

If it continues, I will get the Spanish Inquisition around to question and punish the guilty. (Just kidding)

Love you all. (that doesn't sound right does it?)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

must resist... must resist...

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

There is no need to quote the post directly before your post in a topic

Damn, couldn't resist :) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, TAR said:

must resist... must resist...

Damn, couldn't resist :) 

Your very naughty :rofl: sit on the naughty step for 10 minutes !

Only here once

13 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

sit on the naughty step for 10 minutes

will that be the same one you are currently sat upon?

:) 

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, TAR said:

will that be the same one you are currently sat upon?

It's an old concrete step - it's cold - gonna play havoc with the piles 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I vaguely recall a song I used to know. What was it called?

Oh, that's right.

Entry of the Gladiators. ;) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Reminds me of the conundrum I face when pushing a grocery store shopping cart out to the car for unloading the victuals. Once completed, do I return the empty cart to one of the designated collection points, or leave it as is, in order to keep the store's "cart boy" employed? It's important that we "screw up" just enough to keep our beloved moderators happily busy cleaning up our errant behavior, but not so much that it drives them completely bonkers. It's a fine line indeed.:P

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.