Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 169 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

17 minutes ago, Andyww said:

I'm going through this process as well having just replaced the bearings, but the new sleeves are really tight even after carefully cleaning up the casting holes.

I am worried that by simply tightening up the stud to pull the sleeve inwards towards the lower link when fitted might crack the ears off the casting, so I am trying to devise a method of doing this without applying all the load to the casting itself.

20190529_213004[1].jpg

That was exactly my worry. It's definitely a casting you don't want to break!

• Gold FFM

You're over thinking it, there's more chance of popping the lug than breaking it off completely, lug breaking is for neanderthals with hammers, it will wind in there as it was designed to like a knife through butter.

Anyhow, the lower link bush needs to be in there before you can position it properly as the split spacer produces the correct clamping force on the snubbers, so you may as well wait until final assembly, it's gotta move some more from where tis.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

You're over thinking it, there's more chance of popping the lug than breaking it off completely, lug breaking is for neanderthals with hammers,

You are probably right, I might be worrying unnceccesarily.

Quite a few of these seem to get broken but all seem to be on the dismantling, either by using a hammer or by trying to turn the stud or push it out when its seized into the casting. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Yep, it seems been a long time- but getting there!

my car.IMG_7175.thumb.JPG.f40ee09357c809decd26ec281cffdd27.JPGBond car

IMG_7176.thumb.PNG.2fabe845edd8dcd05eff907040201513.PNG

I’d choose yours, anytime. Brilliant job Fabian!

• Like 1

Ad initium

Sorry Fab, you're welcome to your Tyrolia 380s. Technology has moved on a bit. 😀

I'm sure there'll be some crusty old French skier somewhere in the Haute Savoie who will think they're the latest thing!

Yes, finishing. Mmmmmmmmmmm I'm near that stage. However time seems to be extending in some sort of perverted 1990's CGI'd SciFi worm hole.

I finally "drove" my car yesterday though. All of 6ft of the driveway to the roadside. Then reversed back. Bond is back!

Edited by Fridge
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Well done David, a few more feet and you would have been on the road! Not long now! 

I have to make sure the cooling fan circuitry is all OK, and then I'll tentatively test it out on the road. Starting with a 1/4 mile around the block a few times to make sure it's all working OK. It's quite loud without the engine cover and no bulkhead glass or insulating trim! I've SJ's stainless steel manifold and single rear muffler exhaust system.

• Like 1