Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 236 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

It's magnificent @Lotusfab

@stephenwhyte did you take the photo above? Have never seen that one before. 

@Lotusfab Have you gone with a boot bag? I suspect all these Bond cars had this rather than carpet - but I could be wrong..

(The Autoart models have a boot bag) copied from the car above with HC bonnet as we know.

• Like 1

Whats this then Fabian.  Is it just an adapter so the flexible inlet that reduces in diameter can not be a parallel tube and the rubber pipe relocated from the air filter box.  If it is just an adaptor where did it come from?

image.png.9735d5db1cc70984895dac61a9603a2b.png

Never seen one Andy. Thinking about it though the airbox diameter is larger so it cant allow a parallel pipe i dont think anyway.

2 hours ago, PhilW said:

Whats this then Fabian.  Is it just an adapter so the flexible inlet that reduces in diameter can not be a parallel tube and the rubber pipe relocated from the air filter box.  If it is just an adaptor where did it come from?

image.png.9735d5db1cc70984895dac61a9603a2b.png

That allows the crankcase breather to be attached and connects to the air filter with the pipe that goes small to large. 

Here you go Phil....A5459DD2-DBB3-4161-83B4-79CDEB5D8687.thumb.png.0dbb26e916f7d708f3ea3b65314c3755.png

4 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

It's magnificent @Lotusfab

@stephenwhyte did you take the photo above? Have never seen that one before. 

@Lotusfab Have you gone with a boot bag? I suspect all these Bond cars had this rather than carpet - but I could be wrong..

(The Autoart models have a boot bag) copied from the car above with HC bonnet as we know.

Yep going with a boot bag. S and J sell them. I may get Steve Fulcher to make me one.

9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

By way of inspiration @Lotusfab😎 but with incorrect bonnet😉

D820BAEC-1E3A-4C34-B1C2-EF91F3A8EC5C.jpeg

Love the picture, especially as I have not seen it before! You can see how the ski racks are curved to the roof profile to keep the skis horizontal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Rear view mirror now attached using Loctite 319, lets see how long it lasts!

When it drops off take a look at this :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Cheers,

John W

On the other hand, the adhesive used at factory permits removal of the mirror with a heat gun therefore without risk of grief should one have cause to change the thing out. The OEM stuff was surely some early form of cyanoacrylate, commonly called crazy glue this side of the pond.

10 hours ago, jonwat said:

When it drops off take a look at this :thumbup:

That looks really good and reasonably priced. Mirror is holding at the moment. Its fixed with a mesh and I think Cyanoacrylate based superglue that comes in a loctite fixing pack. I think grease is the main failure cause. I cleaned it with professional degreaser.

• Like 1

79A76A92-2126-4C96-A14A-3D117633082D.thumb.png.8822fce481db45c18e5edcb1dbddf878.pngTurbo Oil return pipe

Just found a slight oil leak from where it joins the Turbo. No matter how tight the bolts are it still leaks. Looking on here its quite common, but why? The first thing that comes to mind is the gasket. Why has the gasket got a square centre when the Turbo pipe is round. I think the gasket being supplied is for a different pipe design. The gasket is the picture is the one I have fitted. But the design of the pipe is totally different and round! 4C09D6F6-4BDE-413C-BE57-6B9F177E0532.thumb.jpeg.13fe2249de79f0bc362bde9d6e828912.jpegSurely the gasket should have a round centre? I have bought a generic round one and will see if it fixes the issue. 

Forgot to say all the time I spent calibrating the pump jets using Dave Nobles rig was very well spent. The acceleration stumble is completely gone. The engine pick up has been transformed. I would say the pump jet calibration is essential if you are rebuilding your carbs.

• Like 2