Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 245 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

15 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

AE3559A9-E0D5-45B0-8A7D-7C85F71D6F37.thumb.png.9c97b4fc26a067d21cb08026b2fd3431.png

Fabulous result Fab, great looking rear end! One small thing, second ski from the left, the binding is missing the cover on the adjustment screw....hopefully it didn't come off when you were doing 70mph.

• Like 1

@Lotusfab
You know me Fabian......100 compliments but if something’s not right I can’t hold my tongue. The spacing in that number plate isn’t right. There should be more of a gap in the middle. I’d also say the lettering looks really wrong too, but the spacing is more annoying. Clearly if you’re not annoyed and happy as is then tell me to mind my own😉 Car is looking beautiful - a pleasure to look at from any angle and looks perfect now it has the racks fitted👌 Last thing🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ - you really should fit a new set of rear light clusters to the rear.....the right one always loses its colour first which I assume is from the exhaust - the difference when changed is incredible. I fitted a new set to my SD1 Vitesse when I had it, the lift it gives the rear is worth the effort......look how much brighter the actual ones were when the car was new. You can see the letter spacing here too. Sorry but perfection doesn’t come cheap......you know that more than anyone😉👏🏻👏🏻

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DRC2091

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DRC2092

Rimmers have a stock of the originals, but they won’t be there forever.....

B36363F9-D966-44EE-97ED-FF5E7DBB4CE4.png

99DE0812-8DA8-4908-8459-8B4EC5C366A6.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just showed that pic to the missus - she says it looks just like my esprit.

Have you sprayed it without telling us!🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

@Lotusfabthere is a distinct mix of fonts used on the plates for the FYEO. They're hand made for the film. 

Regardless of any transformation of the whole image. Or more likely the camera lens used. It wouldn't comply with modern UK legals, and a plate maker wouldn't allow either I'd guess, as it doesn't follow historic guidelines. You'd have to do what some of us have been saying for weeks now. Reproduce the whole plate as an image and somehow get someone to make a show plate of that. As I said, the original plate is hardly great looking as it's such a mish-mash, and a more usual period plate looks better IMO. As you've done. Though the spacing looks a little crunched up, but a minor observation. The plate maker must know what they're doing.

• Like 2

Sorry to tell you Fab but the bindings still aren't right. Good to see you found the adjustment screw cover but you need to take all the covers off now. As you can see from the original Bond picture you posted they weren't fitted originally!

99DE0812-8DA8-4908-8459-8B4EC5C366A6.png

I had noticed that after you pointed out one was missing. I will be leaving them on as it looks unfinished without them. Someone also noticed my car is missing the Styled by badges. I don’t think they were fitted on the copper fire car. Anyone agree?

It odd because when the car pulls up you dont see it....but the closeup shot hints it might be there...albeit in a slightly different position to the norm.

Blu-ray clip would show it clearer.

053FFE1D-FAC3-4C71-AB99-1962F23F0D89.jpeg

• Like 2

Someone managed to redo the OPW678W number plate for 10858 Bond car but it's not quite right. https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/james-bond-for-your-eyes-only-lotus-esprit-41-c-ddr3f67mou

H1088-L03686567.jpg

As well as the font not been thin enough, the numbers are way off also.

IMG_20170405_002719.jpg.e0e208efcf42cfc3aa224789bd808a7e.jpg

As previously stated, the '8' is the give away. Smaller top than bottom.

The closest I've found is this, which is still incorrect.

2096464176_Screenshot_20200820-0116202.thumb.png.7101c0d4d0c5aa69347a6d396eeaa9c6.png

Alan wouldn't be too happy...

ycnGJh.gif.1bd03aca5f72f4a3f4673d307e815dff.gif

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

I had noticed that after you pointed out one was missing. I will be leaving them on as it looks unfinished without them. Someone also noticed my car is missing the Styled by badges. I don’t think they were fitted on the copper fire car. Anyone agree?

You can see them in this picture of 10858 Fab. fneaP8.png

Seems OPW 678W is still registered in the UK, on a Blue S3 Esprit by the looks of it, 10975. OPW 678W SCC085912AHD10975 CC912801118856 Wonder if the owner might be interested in swapping with you if it's still the original plate.

• Like 1

Well done Roo, I had checked all the other pictures I have and couldn’t see the badges, guess I’ll have to fit them!

If I could find the exact reg I don’t think they would swap without serious money!

1 hour ago, v8vantage said:

Someone managed to redo the OPW678W number plate for 10858 Bond car but it's not quite right. https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/james-bond-for-your-eyes-only-lotus-esprit-41-c-ddr3f67mou

H1088-L03686567.jpg

thats not a very good attempt. I can see I am going to have to replicate this to keep everyone happy!

8 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

If I could find the exact reg I don’t think they would swap without serious money!

You never know Fab, sometimes people just want to help because they understand what you are trying to achieve. Not everyone is in it for the money. Who knew you would find the skis over here in my neighbourhood, yet there they are on your car in the UK now. They may have the original plates in storage and have fitted later ones. Even if you just get the originals for display that would be a start.