Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 3 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Sounds like good news finally. Let us know how it all goes.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Mavic 2 next week then :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Got it. Astounding bit of kit. 

Worth the wait then?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Mavic 2 next week then :lol:

2018 apparently! 

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

They've got about 500 backorders to fill yet. I was one of them for a while. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

13 hours ago, ramjet said:

Worth the wait then?

^ That pic was taken at 30m in 20mph+ winds and the thing was rock solid, it's hugely clever and very impressive! It warned me of the high winds so I used 'Return to Home' and it landed by itself about 6 inches from where it took off from. 

Here's the log video of the flight I get on my phone. I took off, flew in a circle, then above the building and then the roofline below to check the obstacle avoidance out, then for the pic and RTH to land. The green bar at the top is a dynamic battery level so shows time left and the 2 dots are my warnings. If it gets to the 'H', that's how much battery is required to RTH and the further away you fly, the more it moves to the right. If you hit the H, it'll automatically come home for you. Excuse the music, it was that or me breathing! 

• Gold FFM

Nice. Congrats.

Excellent news @Bibs. It's an amazing machine, isn't it?

Err, have you flying it with the dome on? Looks like the funny curved reflection you get from that in the pic. Quality much better without, plus better airflow into the cooling system (OK, maybe not top priority this week)

Fair enough. You did take off the gimbal clamp though, right? ;)

You may also find there is a bit of protective tape on the top of the gimbal, which can catch on the frame. Best to take it off, I used tweezers.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MartynB said:

Heh, funky triple car and triple van :)

Rolling shutter I assume. I was going to edit them out but it's only a snap. :)

40 flights in so far, it's not failed to impress every time. Our village church.

17156350_1869621143281837_90563245496130

• Gold FFM

Like that. :thumbup: 

All fine.... UNTIL you flew out of the gates over cars that you had no control over (and pretty close too).

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel