Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 25 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

On 19/10/2023 at 14:56, Bibs said:

Scroll up mate, that's the link Pete posted to start the discussion on Amazon deliveries. 

Being in the industry day in, day out, I can't see the CAA allowing this anywhere other than the highlands and islands at first, certainly not anywhere with general aviation popping around the place. 

I actually hope drops by drones, other than very remote locations, does not become a thing. The last thing I want, like I believe a lot of people, is the skies full of them. A bit of peace and quiet sat in your garden, then a drop at neighbours...I can't see it being long before people get annoyed and take matters into their own hands (lawfully or otherwise).

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One thing that could and will help drones become less annoying, is a new toroidal designed propeller which is a lot quieter.

Also used in boats and airplanes to increase speed, efficiency and reduce noise levels to almost silent. Really helps in boating with increased speed and much quieter as the typical design churns up the water making them very noisy in comparison.

Biggest problem  with larger propellers of this design is they will have to be make out of metal and more than likely milled from a block of metal making them very expensive. But in the case of drones, it is easily be made of carbon fiber.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-a-toroidal-propeller-and-could-it-change-the-future-of-drones-an-expert-explains-206498 

cheers,

Richard

• 2 months later...

Blimey. I would imagine that the “glamour” of F1 would soon wear thin living in those houses, when faced with the reality of repeated traffic gridlock, filthy weather, year-round noise and thousands of sweaty fans swarming around most weekends. I suppose you could clear off on holiday and rent them out each GP week: that would probably pay your mortgage for a year.

This is the UK in 2024. How long until an owner of one of those houses complains to the council re noise and tries to get the circuit shut down?

Mark my words, some dickshit will do it!

Sigh....

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.