Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex blue dry sump on ebay - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex blue dry sump on ebay

LOTUSMAN33

Thanks ?

Looks like the orginal rear wheels are missing which is a shame, honest enough other than that but can't help thinking UK sports cars would have tried to run it?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

A lot of work to be done there but could be stunning when it's finished. I'm assuming it left the factory with Comps but the rears look like a different style of wheel to me.

Essex Blue with red decals is a very nice combo. I'd probably get that retrimmed in full red leather if it was mine.

Jonny, I suspect it wore Essex decals or intended too as requested with no stripes, then again you would have gone for red leather at the time so maybe not?

I would be suspicious of the engine so allow for that when bidding, I would have gone for it if I had not bought mine.

The rear wheels are a pain, can't see from the photos if it has the single support bar louvred tailgate?

IMG_2478.JPGIMG_2479.JPG

Done 167000 miles so well used for an Esprit, maybe not a bad thing either?

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what this sells for..:)

And what about the red Turbo - it's not seen an MOT station since 2008, so no doubt it will be listed at some point. UKSportscars do have a habit of finding those Esprits that have been hidden away for years.B-)

• Like 1

It was an expensive option after the Essex run. Not many went for it so very few cars after the Essex cars have the Panasonic.

A few have been retro fitted to cars since as the stereos pop up on ebay now and then. Still very rare but I agree all dry sump Turbos SHOULD have a roof stereo!

• Like 1

First time that I've spotted the dry sump Turbo model has a different engine cover design to the wet sump models.......also has the boot struts located differently too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, giorgetto said:

It happens all too often Dave unfortunately. 

A shame really, as it would be interesting to let it run.

I mean, when's the last time an Essex came up on eBay? 

Gav 

Essex 007 in 2010 I think....or was it 018?

007 as 018 was about two years earlier. Maybe Mark at Stocks put the ex US Essex lookalike on eBay but I can't remember  

I'll be interested to see what this goes for. My black dry sump Esprit (now with Danny) was in far far better condition with less than 50k miles on it when I bought it 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Yes your black one was a lucky find being so original and was fantastic when sold.

I can't see an Essex coming up for sale on eBay ever again unfortunately and certainly the highest valued Esprit's now other than the genuine bond cars.

Yes they're good Dan. Get the veloce one with the frame inside it then you can drive in and out relatively easily. You need quite a large one to fit an Esprit in, they are very wide!

I've got the indoor bubble one rather than the veloce. It's very good but I went for one that was a size bigger than they suggested (I think it's a size 5 I've got) - check you have enough space as they are big. It seems to work well although my S3 doesn't come out of it very much I could imagine it being a bit of a pain if I wanted to use the car regularly. Need to buy new filters for it once a year at c£20/set.

I looked at getting one cheap off ebay but buying one second hand was almost as much as buying one new which is what I did. 

Glad to hear the Esprit is still being pampered Dan   

• Gold FFM

I think the Veloce is the answer as make using it   pretty easy( I am way off topic here . I need to measure the garage area around the car first and work out the best size. I will need one that the side opens otherwise I don't think i will get the car door open. 

Right let get back on topic, I would really like an Essex, some Comps and a roof stereo. That one looks to me like a lot of work me,  There you go done. :lol::lol:

Forgive my ignorance, but if it's the right vintage, Essex blue from the factory, dry sump, and the files say the original owner specifically asked for it not to have the decals, why isn't it an Essex?

What's the difference, would the Essex cars have "Essex Turbo" under the Variant heading? 

Not sure if this helps but..

The Essex cars were a limited run to introduce the Turbo. They are all numbered and were all painted Essex blue  and were fully spec'd with full (red) leather, roof stereo, compomotive wheels etc. Some but not all have Essex cam covers. There is a list on here somewhere of all the chassis numbers etc. Over the years (and even at the time) other Esprits have been made to look like Essex Esprits but whilst some of them are very good copies they are not authentic Essex cars and not recognised by the factory.