Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 33 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Ha....thanks Lex. It’s nice to see my Wet Sump getting a mention in official Lotus literature.....and again, in a Dry Sump topic😉 

In truth though I’d seen this before👍

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 minutes ago, dr_jayhart said:

Hi lex it’s not Andy that says ac ment dry sump in early cars because the wet didn’t have it figured yet I thought I read it somewhere. Just was looking for confirmation. J 

8B98485F-28E2-470C-B6D4-73FD6F160753.jpeg

186A8CC4-5FBD-44D3-AC42-0CF66EC40AD2.jpeg

What a great looking car, I used to chat to Malcolm a lot about it when he had it.

Whoever re-did that interior did an amazing job, the ruching is spot on.

Factory roof stereos meant rear view mirror stock on windscreen so maybe the dealer did it or a previous owner. Is it an RM610?

8 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

i wonder if the customers were aware at the time they might get a dry or wet sump.

Back in the day I didn't know there was a dry or wet sump engine. It's only by being on here that I have learnt of the differences.

41 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

Will make a note of other rego. Was it owned by @Bazza 907prior?

Yes it was my car that I had brought back to life. It's now Dan's car but I kept the registration number. 

Pictures were taken by me! 

• Like 2

Hi Lex, yes the roof stereo is rm610.

Ive just been looking closer at the Dry sump register and my car (Ex MalcomeS) is down as 

11179. The car however is 11279. On the register it says 11279 is in Australia? 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jay

@dr_jayhartI’ve just checked an early version of the register and it appears an error. Good spot. 

Dave may know if there is another one in Austalia but I’ll fix it up on the register and delete 11179. It makes more sense that yours is later than 11179. @LOTUSMAN33

so yours is A/C, standard radio from factory. (Given your mirror) and am I right is saying half leather from factory?
correct me if I’m wrong..

• Like 1

Hi Lex. 
correct car factory ac, half leather, requested 4 speakers and board in passenger footwell for amplifier. Black carpets. Mirror is mounted on panel which supports the sun visors. Roof stereo fitted but I don’t know when. I guess by dealership? Hence the request for amp board. How many dry dumps come after mine so I can tell Andy Graham? Any with certification? Thanks was worried I have a ringer! J

That was my mistake, they are two separate cars.

Yours is very late, strange Andy has it as a wet sump as know one would go to all that effort changing it over.

Andy’s records have been incorrect a few times I know of, it took me ages to sort the initial build numbers for the M100 Elan’s as development car records are sparse.

He had my JPS number mixed up as well which took some help from Roo to sort.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Dan E said:

That is definitely my car now back to the original reg HSC 6X revived by @Bazza 907 

And I have to confess it has been sitting out in the rain and wind for 3 weeks with the battery disconnected. Reconnected the battery to move it back in the garage thinking this is never going happen. Started first time took it for a drive to warm through and now back in the garage. 

left my 2019 Mercedes Vito van for 3 weeks during lockdown and it needed a call out to Merc to come and reset some stuff to get it going. 

loads of trouble.......... FFS 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dr_jayhart said:

Hi Lex. 
correct car factory ac, half leather, requested 4 speakers and board in passenger footwell for amplifier. Black carpets. Mirror is mounted on panel which supports the sun visors. Roof stereo fitted but I don’t know when. I guess by dealership? Hence the request for amp board. How many dry dumps come after mine so I can tell Andy Graham? Any with certification? Thanks was worried I have a ringer! J

The register has 2 listed after yours, well after the air con wet sump cut off point.

Not sure if they have them certified but they do have owners names next to them so you could check in with them.

On 01/01/2017 at 08:31, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Sounds about right as Andy Graham said the 1981 cars ran from 10966 to 11185 with 74 dry sump cars, this was domestic and RHD export and included the S3.

I think the Essex run including development and pre production totalled around 48 cars?

The highest Essex car was 10950 I believe.

Not sure how many non Essex 1980 cars were made or 1982 models.

Wurzel has a 1982 black dry sump car doesn't he? Not sure if his is later than yours Tar?

Perhaps an email to Andy Graham could confirm?

Dave :) 

We have all the domestic 1980 cars (14 non-essex 1980 cars according to my certificate @LOTUSMAN33) Some of the cars with PTS early Jan must still be classified as 1980 cars by Lotus up to chassis 10965.

And we have 51 domestic listed cars from 10966 - 11185 out of 74 cars.

So we are missing just 23 cars from 1981.

48 Essex + 14 non Essex for 1980 + 74 dry sump for 1981 = 136 dry sump cars...

It would be good if @dr_jayhart knew how many 1982 domestic dry sumps were made, then we will have a total, has Andy mentioned a figure?

There are then some export non-essex cars to consider as well of which a lot are on the list.

I'll see if I can get an export dry sump production figure from Andy at some stage.

Attached shows 1980 domestic cars in yellow, 1981 cars in green.

Dry Sump Register 2020.pdf

• Like 1

Nick pope has a black dry sump that is owned by bell and covill stripped awaiting restoration I’ll try and see if I can get the number next time I’m there. It’s on bbs so a later car. J

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, stephenwhyte said:

That white ones lovely - any inside pics @Tocus? So is this the one that’s been getting the work done at SJ Sportscars.....or is that another one?

no thats 953 thats Alexander his one, this is the other one what is still out there,

it has a red interior, (but its deliverd orginal with brown leather) so i will make it orginal again,

• Like 1