Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

strange company that "Lotus" hahaha, we all know that!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I understand (from Gerald) that some dry sumps were sold into 1983

• Like 2

Sounds possible Chris, I have been scanning the forum this afternoon and found quite a few more cars to add.

The oldest registered car I found was October 1982 being Wurzels black Y plate one.

This chart is interesting which I believe Bauke had posted sometime ago;

IMG_0169.JPG

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

According to the Jeremy Walton book (first edition) there were 173 dry sump cars built before Dec 1981 and that ties up exactly with the above.

Thats the first time I have ever come across anything which matches up when referring to Lotus production figures!

• Like 1

I have been meaning to re-read that book for a while Andy, just leaves the question of how many were produced after December 81 and did they get into 1983? 

18 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I have been meaning to re-read that book for a while Andy, just leaves the question of how many were produced after December 81 and did they get into 1983? 

There might be more in later editions, which people presumably might have on here.

Looks allready to a great list! well done owners!

not so many with a roof stereo, thats really rare as i can see, great to see the list growing and growing!

• Like 2

IMG_0190.PNG

A few more updates, from scanning the web and forum I have a few more cars but no chassis numbers?

NYF665Y - Black car with tan interior on BBS, Oct 82 owned by Wurzel

PTO188X - Silver car with red interior on Comps, Sep 81

UHF469W - Red car painted Copper by stocks with black interior, 5 stud Comps fitted. ( Is this Phil W?)

WPC239X - White car with tan interior on BBS with roof stereo - Ex MalcolmS

LVR912W - White car with red interior on Comps, May 81

YNG262X - Red car with tan interior on BBS, April 82 owned by Zazaa

YAH868X - Red car with Comps, April 82

Should we have the Essex cars added or keeping that list separate? 

• Like 1

I think it would be good to include the Essex cars so we have the most complete list of dry sump cars.

:) 

• Like 2

It's getting there......

1 hour ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

UHF469W - Red car painted Copper by stocks with black interior, 5 stud Comps fitted. ( Is this Phil W?)

I agree the Essex cars should be included.

This is me but number plate is UVF 469 X

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, clears that up and should have noticed as have pics of your car red and copper ??

I will add the Essex numbers today but leave some info like owners who wish to stay anonymous etc.

IMG_0191.PNG

First attempt, not added ROW cars yet.

Does sort of show where the Compomotive wheel change over period is with only the Chapman car standing out, I would assume this was development work installing the power steering? Does sound like a fascinating car to own!

• Like 1

You could add the cars we discussed in the Bond thread ie:

0929: White Dezer Collection FYEO car, tobacco interior, 

0930: Copper as above

0897: White press car.

• Like 1

Been sending a few emails and PM's today so a few more updates with hopefully more to come ?

IMG_0206.PNG

Mark at Stocks has helped, he has PTO188X I mentioned earlier which is still for sale if anyone wants a Dry Sump?

IMG_2505.JPG

Also a blue 1982 dry Sump on pistonheads for £27k which must be a late one, I have sent him an email to ask.IMG_0203.JPGIMG_0204.JPG

A couple more I am seeking;

VRH665W - Red car with black leather on Comps - May 1981 car but last MOT'd in 2007.

XEW366X - Red with tan leather on BBS - Feb 82 car

Good find Andy, I found an auction listing for this one in Melbourne and wondered if it was an ex-uk car.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-late-summer-classic-auction/GAF18LIKC08RB5L3/

I have contacted them for the chassis number.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I've just picked up Dave's email regarding this register, great idea, would have added mine earlier if I'd been been on the ball! ?

Chassis no: 1079

first reg: 25/08/81

Original colour: gold

Current colour: Black

interior : Cream

Original wheels: BBS

Roof stereo: Not sure (after market sunroof installed)

Point of interest: Under restoration

cheers

David

• Like 1

Thanks David all added, Gold is the only one as well, have you gone for a provenance certificate from Andy Graham to see if any other gold cars were produced?

IMG_0209.PNG

Just had a reply from the owner of the car Andy found;

IMG_0207.JPGIMG_0208.JPG

The cars chassis is 10939 which sits right between the Essex cars, looks like the claim it was built to special order to look like the FYEO car by the owner is spot on. A very special Esprit indeed! (Looks like a retrim in Black as appears red/tobacco above, owner confirmed current colour)

IMG_0210.PNG

• Like 2