Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from Staffordshire ?? - Page 3 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Staffordshire ??

Taylor

• Gold FFM

Vrrooommmmm. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

20 hours ago, Taylor said:

What made you switch the Evora for that?

Just appealed when I saw it, always missed my Elise but now with a V6 ?

7 hours ago, theelanman said:

@internets how does the Mrs like it?......(and before anyone says.....Im talking about the Exige S)

She approves ?

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

The Exige is more raw where as the Evora is more civilised and I can easily see having both in the garage as they are different enough IMHO. Saying that the Evora is very capable on track as is the Exige on longer trips as you can see from various posts on this forum, @simon mac drove his Exige to the Arctic circle ! ....I guess that doesn't help answer your question :lol: 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I'm just interested to hear opinions. My first time owning a lotus. Really love the evora although for me its purely a weekend car to drive. I like the look and also like a bit of comfort so thought it was a nice compramise. I always admired the Elise / Exige but always thought of it as more of a track type car. I'm guessing they've developed a lot more over time.

Interesting both great threads and both threads lead to the same opinion as I already had.

Exige for short term bonkers speed and rawness. Evora for more daily drive with the same exhilarating experience allbeit at a slightly less urgent rate.

I had a friend with a VX220. He used for his daily drive to work and ended up hating it as most of the time it was used to sit in traffic or cold winter whether and it only made him smile on the brief outings he had on weekends. That said as he used it more for a daily car he couldn't live with it for much longer.

I like the idea of them being a little more refined for daily use and I absolutely love the Mac 570S at the minute. It looks an incredible car so I'm doing a lot of research on that whilst enjoying my Evora. Maybe if the used market develops for the Mac 570's next year I might be tempted!

Hello, & welcome!

Evora looks lovely :) As Fish has already said there are a couple of midlands meets which tend to be over towards the east, I often head over to the shardlow one. 

Im just to the east of Stoke and am regularly playing in the Peak District - (often with a few mates with vx220s in tow!). Drop me a message if you ever fancy a run out that way and I'll show you some good stuff :)

Hey Luke that'd be awesome. I'd love to come for a drive out. I'm often looking for goos roads. I'd like to go over and try the Evo Triangle at some point.

Dm me when your next having a blast out Luke ? I'd like to have a look at your exige!

Edited by Bibs

Will do, often head over welsh way too but tend to save it for super early summer mornings to miss the traffic. The good stuff in the peaks is always quiet..

Just realised my profile pic is my old S2.. i still have a white exige its just grown a couple of cylinders!

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Taylor said:

..... goos roads.

Are these like good roads, but they make a lot of noise when you drive along and bother them?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

12 hours ago, ramjet said:

Are these like good roads, but they make a lot of noise when you drive along and bother them?

These are like roads where you can goo faster than others ?

3 hours ago, oneshot said:

@Taylor I am in Handsacre if you fancy a drive over - I used to live in Cannock.

Awesome. I think we should take Luke up on a drive over the Peaks if you fancy it some time? Sounds like we could get a few of us together for Peak Drive ??

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Nice car Joe, Brilliant choice. My aspiration is to one day have an Evora in Aspen White with Black aspects, or if I win the Lotto, an LF1. Stunning looking car. Your second great choice was joining this bunch of sad Lotus officiando's. Great bunch of people but be prepared for a slagging now and again, especially if you mention OOOdie or Porker, one guy in particular loves taking the p out of them, eh Andy.

1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

especially if you mention OOOdie or Porker, one guy in particular loves taking a p on them, eh Andy.

Fixed that for you John ;)

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 26/12/2016 at 10:49, Taylor said:

Cheers John! Its been a pretty useful place so far ? Just looking forward to my drive out this morning!

Few of us heading out tomorrow. Will be meeting for breakfast at Cottage Kitchen Winkhill at 9am. (ST13 7PN), if that's a little early then we will probably be setting off on the run about 9:45