Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Window felt - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Window felt

Can anyone tell me if the window felt goes all the way down the frame? Im rebuilding the doors and have the window felt all the way down the frame but the window just jams when i try to go up and down. 

paul

Edited by frix
wrong info

• Gold FFM

Yes should be felt lined all the way.

do you have steel frames or ally ones?  I thought the were ally on the early esprits. The felt bit though I think has steel imbedded in the rubber which rusts and grips the glass. Clear up with a knife and lots of spray lube.

Only here once

Could be that you have the frame twisted slightly or the glass aperture narrowing towards the bottom? The only thing to do is look at exactly how the glass is running in the seals as it moves down.

I spent many hours aligning my frames in the doors to get good contact on the door seals at the top and smooth running of the window glass all the way down. With new seals in the channel they were still a bit stiff to start with but seem to have eased now with a bit of use and some silicone spray.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Are you talking about the felt which fits horizontally along the top of the door on the inside?  If so it is in two sections either side of the upright which splits the main window to the smaller one.  If you are trying to run it full length that may be why its jamming.

Check the door frame is aligned. My window will not wind up when the door is open and tries to pop out of the frame but works fine when the door is closed. I also use a lubricant: Holts Silicone Spray. Makes a world of difference when sprayed on the felt runners.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks guys for the advise, i shall give it another go, im going to do an up date shortly in the restro section, very exciting times next month as the engine goes back in and fingers crossed, the car will be finished in March.

• Like 1