Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 Race - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 Race

Arregueti

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells teeth! This is exactly what I wanted the Sport 380 to be. A road legal version of that with a manual gearbox would be my next car. Simple as that.

:thumbup:

Looks like I need to update the Hethel leaderboard already! 1.23.5. That's 3 secs faster than the Sport 380. Tyres are the same but the aero looks pretty radical with wheel arch vents and the rest. That's only 1.5 secs quicker than the 'old' CupR which is a bit surprising given that it has more power and 45kg less weight. Stunning effort to get it under 1000kg, there were S2 Exiges that didn't weigh much less!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Hells teeth! This is exactly what I wanted the Sport 380 to be. A road legal version of that would be my next car. Simple as that.

:thumbup:

Surely if you give Lotus enough money they will build you one (wouldn't want the Xtrac I would guess?)

4 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

Surely if you give Lotus enough money they will build you one (wouldn't want the Xtrac I would guess?)

You can add headlights as a option, Xtrac would not be desirable for the road

If it looked like that I'd put up with the Xtrac! Heck I'd bump start it if I had to!

£120k is actually not unreasonable for what's on offer. The Ohlins and Xtrac on their own are probably somewhere around £30k.

If they do a road legal version I'll have to eat my words about not wanting any more Cup cars, if they look anything like this fill your boots Lotus! :thumbup:

I have a particular weakness for wheel arch vents, especially on road cars. 240kg of downforce is claimed at 170mph. That compares with 166kg for the Sport 380. That will be hugely welcome turning into Eau Rouge. The TFT dash, Cup 260 graphics, it's got it all going on for me :wub:

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

One on order already then Gary?!

Too rich for me, besides only interested in road going car with manual box. Having said that I do like this 38 Race a lot, maybe I will get some parts from it and add to my car along with a power hike.

Yes £120k is a lot for a track only car and I guess for that you'd have to look at a race 311 which offers much more power and quicker lap times for similar sort of money.

I'm hoping they'll do a road legal version with the 6 speed manual for considerably less. I think it would all come together visually if the shiny carbon was also matt black (or at least satin laquered) in the Cup car tradition.

The fact that they have a road 311 and a race 311 race suggests that it might be Sport 380 and Race 380 (ie no Cup 380). However lights, air con and titanium exhaust sound more like road car options to me. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. But suddenly I don't care about the chargecooled Exige anymore! This thing has the presence of a 650bhp GT race car. Much like the CupR before it or indeed Gary's car, you just wouldn't mess with one on the road. It looks totally weaponized! This time around I'd go full aero and ohlins - the two things I will probably do to my car if I keep it.

I guess now this car has been announced someone could always ask Lotus to put this aero pack on a Sport 380... you wouldn't get the wheel arch vents though but still...

No more "Cup" cars ! Sometimes Lotus is hard to follow the Elise 250 Cup was introduced barely a year ago.

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

How the build managed with Lotus Motorsport being no more?

It cannot be that hard to bring the necessary parts to the production line, the factory crew can fit most parts, and the car can receive final setup mods from ex motorsport people on the side before final inspection.

This Race 380 sounds like it will be an epic beast.  One of these with headlights and indicators would be absolutely perfect!  Had a go in a sport 380 recently - it was utterly brilliant.  I definitely want one but this thing appears to be even better - love the aero kit - just looks evil.  I'Il take mine in Motorsport Black please with all the carbon!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-P said:

This Race 380 sounds like it will be an epic beast.  One of these with headlights and indicators would be absolutely perfect!  Had a go in a sport 380 recently - it was utterly brilliant.  I definitely want one but this thing appears to be even better - love the aero kit - just looks evil.  I'Il take mine in Motorsport Black please with all the carbon!

JP didn't realise you were on here mate :)

Bloody hell!

What a car! Proper wing, Cup style graphics, arch vents, proper Lotus weight, proper suspension, TFT screen, extinguisher and cut off switches... It's got the lot. Like the extra new vents at the rear too. The side on shot looks seriously good. 

Even more out of my price range but that doesn't stop me wanting it muchly. 

Have Lotus been reading this thread?

Absolutely in LOVE!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RRSSS said:

B-) You planning on joining the dark side? 

I'm pretty sure we're the rebels? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Not much choice - caymans now come with a shit flat 4.  911s weigh about as much as my house and have lost that delicious flat 6 NA howl (apart from GT cars but you can't get one unless you happen to sucking  off the DP), so Lotus it is then!  To be fair the sport 380 is absolutely spectacularly good - the noise is great but I'd prefer it if Lotus had fitted a naturally aspirated V6 with that power rather than a supercharged car.  Still awesome but throttle response would be even sharper with NA.

• Like 1