Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello, Giniw from France! - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello, Giniw from France!

Giniw

Hello Everyone,
Four years ago I got into the Lotus world when I imported a nice silver frost Elan m100 to France from the Netherlands, and a couple of months ago I decided to give it a friend when I bought an azure blue Esprit S4s in Belgium.
Some of you may already know me under the same nickname (Giniw) on lotuselancentral.com but obviously I had to register on here to get and share my experience about what need to be done on the Esprit ... :)
Thanks for the good forum, I have already read a lot of interesting topics on here!

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Giniw. :welcome:

Looking forward to seeing some photos as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome to TLF and congrats an S4s is a dream car for most of us here.

How is it going so far?

A pic is not too much to ask I hope?

:thumbup:

Welcome......:thumbsup:

shame you've let the M100 go but we'll let you off as you've bought an Esprit......:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thank you Everyone!

All right, I will post a photo soon ^^

4 hours ago, theelanman said:

shame you've let the M100 go but we'll let you off as you've bought an Esprit......:thumbsup:

Nah, don't worry, I haven't and won't sell my beloved M100!!! ;) (I guess you are theelanman from LEC? :))

Edited by Giniw

:)

(maybe I wasn't clear, I meant that I bought a friend for the M100, I haven't given the M100 to a friend of mine! :D )

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

How is it going so far?

Well, not that good actually, but I don't think it's anything too serious. I hope!

The car has been well maintained over the years (plenty of invoices) but alas it has been garaged for 2 years before I bought it. So I need to address a few things : 10 years old cambelt of course, oil pressure gauge, rear left shock absorber -- will probably buy a LOTAC shocks/springs set as it seems it's still available here?! :), and the engine isn't revving very nicely. But I drove it a bit and I would say it was curing gently over the miles (with a mix of old petrol and new one when I filled up the tank). The cylinder compressions are OKish with a quick test (I let the petrol pump when I did it before buying so it's not really reliable anyway).

I would say there is a bit of a risk but hopefully not that much since I priced it accordingly (and I do all the maintenance)

Edited by Giniw

• Gold FFM

Very nice!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Great looking Esprit, everyone should have a M100 garage buddy as they are awesome value for the buck! 

Silver looks great on the Elan too hence why the colour of choice for its launch.

Welcome to the forum ???

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Hi Giniw

My Elan was a factory development car between 1989 and 1996 and underwent many changes from development of the closed loop system, suspension and handling ( still wears different to standard set up), performance enhancement and finally used as the speedster development car, it finally ended up in S2 form partly when sold during the factory clear out.

During the speedster time it had clear light covers and a unique hood/tailgate cover hence losing some early features like opera lights and Perspex cover. The car sat in the design studios for years on display, all part of life in research and development. 

On a plus side it was sold with a Lotus performance enhanced power plant so far quicker than a standard car having its own mapping. ???

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Where in France are you? I keep my S1 Elise at Bauden Racing in Lee Echelles near Grenoble/Lyon/Chambers.

Great driving roads in the area.