Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dad has pointed out on FB that he made £2 million in 2008  and he Colin made profits on a regular basis.

Journo definately has this one wrong! 

Please, if everyone could click on his name on the article and inform hi of his misconception I/we would appreciate it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I chuckled, an d wondered how if it had never turned a profit it had been the way that Colin funded his racing.

Kimbers, any point in showing their mistake, it's Archant which means is more like a game of Where's Wally to find the accurate article?

Journos tend to have a very short memory.... And I don't know if JMG's interest was to set them right this time around. He's just drilling on a message... Lotus is profitable and overheads are down. However Goal for year 2 seems to have been reduced a bit from a 3000 cars sold target to over 2000 cars sold target. Pretty sure the delays met in the federalization have something to do with it.    

Too true @Inkyfingers. I have a mate who has his own company. Never made a profit in years as he spends a lot on advertising - on his racing car that he runs around lots of tracks.... :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I wish Barry and yes Bibs, it is much harder than it used to be but still possible to do something, not to the same extent, but then we were talking pseudo past tense too...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I thought HMRC had clamped down on that in the last few years?

Yes, they have, but we are talking historically here and despite the clamp down, there are still plenty of legitimate reasons why a successful company wouldn't show a profit, particularly when they are part of a bigger group.

I think it is a reference to the racing car being driven by a company owner at the expense of the company being clamped down on, not a company making no profit... many valid reasons for that - reinvestment, etc.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• 1 month later...

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/08/15/proton-poser-for-drbhicom/

DRB-Hicom Bhd set tongues wagging last week when news came out that it was considering selling off its entire stake in national carmaker Proton Holdings Bhd to external investors.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

JMG must be bracing for impact and doing all he can to protect Hethel. I wonder what is the status of the Lotus-Goldstar JV... Goldstar was carrying the bulk of the investment but whit a partner possibly on the vierge of being sold one may not see fit to go further in the development of such a project.     

I'd always thought of Lotus being the low-volume producer owned by the (loss-making) high volume company Proton. I'd not realised that Proton's sales figures were now so bad that Lotus out sells them c 2-1. Bye bye any hope of the old benefits of ownership they had when GM-owned, such as access to components at GM discounted rates, or low/zero design cost items that had already paid for design on tens of thousands of units on mainstream cars. That makes the current improving status and potentially profit even more significant.

• 1 month later...

At least this time Lotus are for sale as a potentially profitable concern rather than a hot potato. Fingers crossed for JLR, Toyota or someone that can keep the brand going, I wonder if this might kill the 4x4 plans .....

Edited by j2 lot