Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 163 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

29 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Given the new "agency" model, the lack of a future should not be a surprise or shock.

Perhaps there should be a newer sales model - where the factory own and operate dealer sites - they would then learn a few things trying to manage on just Lotus sales, and dealing with Lotus head office.

Peugeot own and run quite a number of their branded sites dating and has done so since the 70's.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My point is that there are very, very few single marque dealerships, why single Lotus out?

Also, new (old) sales model in a work in progress, watch this space. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Because we're here talking about Lotus, and the topic title is "Future of Lotus" and for a change I am staying on topic.

Lotus, has made life significantly harder for dealers with the Agency changes to date, the continuing and ever lasting issues re parts availability, etc etc.

I get you have to be +ve as you're the CEO Bibs, but at the end of the day not all of us have to drink the Kool-Aid and use a different shade of spectacles to look at things. In my time as a Lotus owner, I have seen things mostly deteriorate. I have heard lots of promises. Seen lots of dreams. But nothing that has really progressed as part of the ownership experience (TLF excepting of course).

I doubt Lotus is bothered, or, indeed, really listening. It is chasing a new market, and new types of customers, and no one wants to tell the Emperor his new clothes are, well, you know....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have never doubted the commitment of the people who work at Lotus @Bibs and I know you know that I appreciate them through some of the offline interactions we have had.

However, the fact that the much vaunted Agency model, that nobody it seemed at the time, other than the person in Lotus who dreamed it up, thought was a good idea, is dying, is just yet another spectacular "own goal" by, Lotus!

Then look at the debacle that was the "ordering" and "payments" process for the cars. A real mess.

It has cost them sales of the Emira for sure, and it has cost them some good dealers who left the franchise. A lose: lose for Lotus, Dealers and the customer.

The workers and their commitment are not the problem, but some of the Directors and some of the very senior hires have just not delivered, it would seem, over the past 10 years or so. The issues re parts availability have been issues for a decade, if not more.

I love Lotus too, appreciate the workforce and the superb cars that they have made and delivered, but heaven knows Lotus is there despite its senior leadership, not because of it, or that is how it seems to me, albeit as an outsider with no internal view or connects.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Not really. I just like the company, the cars and have a lot of friends who work there, and work hard there at that. 

I speak to people at (or ex) Lotus several times a day usually at all levels of the business and even spent the whole day there on Tuesday sat at a desk with everyone else in the Chapman Production Centre offices* so have insight on what the staff are trying to achieve. Yes, it's been misdirected many times by those with their own agenda but which company hasn't however that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the staff are deeply emotionally and otherwise invested in a solid outcome for the business and care about the cars they build and those who drive them. I also have a regular Teams with the Senior Customer Service Manager in London (at their request) and feed back a list of points raised on here and to be fair, they are addressed or answered and quickly at that. 

There aren't many other car clubs/owners groups that are lucky to have this kind of relationship with the manufacturer. We are very lucky in that respect that they do listen to us and indeed do read the comments on here. :welcome:

My other point in that post is that the agency model will soon be dead and Lotus are going back to wholesale so we can enjoy good relationships with our local dealer again. They listened, they've changed it. 

*You may have seen in another post that they are working on continued supply of a slow moving part on 12-13 year old Evora's with their supplier. They asked to use my car to trial it, I offered it freely and for those who think differently, I didn't get paid, nor was my fuel covered etc but I did have an unlimited supply of coffee and chat which I was more than happy with. 

That’s a positive development, sometimes I fail to appreciate that behind the scenes lessons are being learnt and opinions taken on board.