Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spyker rumour - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spyker rumour

This morning released in the leading Dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf".

http://www.dft.nl/bedrijven/spyker_cars_nv...ame_Lotus_.html

Recently Spyker CEO Victor Muller had a ("secret") meeting with Lotus (source: Spyker-employees) in order to buy Lotus and to shift the Spyker production to the Lotus plant.

Lotus furthermore should re-engineer their D12 "Peking-to-Paris" SSUV, a new model that raised lots of comments with the presentation ("beautifull / terrible").

CEO Victor Muller confirms the talkings; denies the agreement.

The present financial situation of Spyker however is far from healthy; earlier this month they had to close a new financial deal with a Luxemburg financial group.

Their (first/main) C8 model seems to sell badly; in the US 14 units are unsold whereas Spyker said that they could hardly cover the potential interest in this model.

Furthermore in financial markets rumours exist that Spyker's turnover-figures are blowed up.

These rumours were accelerated last week by a sub-supplier in the Dutch newspaper "De Volkskrant".

Last Friday a major shareholder Go Capital had to inform the financial authorities that they decreased their capital share below the 5 % line.

A (more) positive point could be that they succeeded to find sufficient major sponsors for their Formel 1 team, which was purchased from Midland F1.

Best regards, Ruud

http://www.spykerlog.nl/spyker-cars/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"May you live in interesting times!"

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

It is being rumoured that spyker may be interested in Lotus. Pistonheads story

While I would have reservations over Lotus's future with Spyker ownership i.e. would lotus be direct competition for themselves? It could however mean seeing lotus in F1 again as Spyker have just brought Midland F1!

Your thoughts

As long as they keep their CHROME OFF MY NEW ESPRIT! ...and stupid propeller wheels too.

I'm ok with a V8 though. :)

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• Gold FFM
As long as they keep their CHROME OFF MY NEW ESPRIT! ...and stupid propeller wheels too.

I'm ok with a V8 though. :thumbup:

You never seem to hear a 'love that Propeller wheel' comment? Just looks soooo out of place :question:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Would that mean Ferrari engines for Lotuses? :question:

And plug-ugly styling?

I thought I read that there was a bit of a problem with Spyker's finances but I can't find it now so perhaps I was wrong, but I don't know where they get the cash from. They are not exactly producing thousands are they? Yet they can have an F1 team and produce speciality cars and look at buying Lotus. Reminds me of Artioli.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Would that mean Ferrari engines for Lotuses? :shock:

And plug-ugly styling?

I thought I read that there was a bit of a problem with Spyker's finances but I can't find it now so perhaps I was wrong, but I don't know where they get the cash from. They are not exactly producing thousands are they? Yet they can have an F1 team and produce speciality cars and look at buying Lotus. Reminds me of Artioli.

Quite, all i see are a collection of differant companies/operations (F1-Supercars) neither of which even if succesful, can ever hope to do more than turn a small profit or break even, this would be a disaster for lotus, at best you'd have 3 companies that even if run very well, would basically be making small profits an working to very tight budgets or more likely by far running out of money an going belly up, when looking at spyker i ask myself how are these guys going to make a profit? back end F1 teams an making a handful of 200k cars are year are not a recipe that equals making lots of money, the complete opposite in fact your more likely to loose a load

I actually really like the Spyker looks apart from this view

Zagato_5.jpg

All it remids me of is

"Crackin' toast Gromit! "

wallace.jpg

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

And plug-ugly styling?

Well,

Lotus ran in F1 with Lamborghini engines, Renault, Ford, and honda.

It would be suprising if they did not share an engine with one of their

competitors if they returned. Who would we like to see?

:shock:

And plug-ugly styling?

Are you implying they are laundering drug money , Trevor? :shock::shock::thumbup:

scarface1.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Well,

Lotus ran in F1 with Lamborghini engines, Renault, Ford, and honda.

It would be suprising if they did not share an engine with one of their

competitors if they returned. Who would we like to see?

:shock:

Honda for Lotus' re-entry to F1 :shock: and Subaru flat sixes with twin turbos for their road cars. Then really throw down the gauntlet to Porsche and their monopoly on boxer powered sportscars.

DanR

I meant Ferrari engines for Lotus' road cars. Spyker are using Ferrari engines in their Formula 1 cars as part of a deal to use Ferrari engines in their production cars according to the press.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...

Founder of Spyker, Victor Muller resigns; rumours of critical financial position increased last weeks, incl. dispute with Karmann Gmbh (sub-supplier) about Euro 3 million unpaid invoices.

Imbalance in production; 243 orders in portfolio, however only 10 cars delivered 1st quarter of 2007 (versus 24 units in 1st quarter of 2006).

Shareprice halved in last months.

My personal opinion is that Spyker / its F1 team will fall apart / file for bankruptcy most likely before the end of this year; very pity.

(See official press release)

Persbericht Spyker - benoeming nieuwe CEO

16-05-2007 17:43:46

Amsterdam (BETTEN BEURSMEDIA NEWS) - Hier volgt de tekst van het persbericht van Spyker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spyker Cars N.V., Formula One constructor and manufacturer of

exclusive premium sports cars, announces the appointment of Michiel Mol (37) as interim

CEO of the company, succeeding Victor Muller (47) who will focus on design and brand

development, effective May 21, 2007.

After seven and a half years at the helm of Spyker since its foundation in 2000, Victor Muller has

requested the Supervisory Board to agree to him reducing his general management tasks as CEO and

to focus on design and branding exclusively. Michiel Mol, until now Director of Formula One Racing

within the Management Board, will assume the role of interim CEO in addition thereto.

Victor Muller explains his decision: "It has been such a privilege to lead the (re)creation of Spyker

since Maarten de Bruijn and I founded the company on January 1, 2000. No one could have

anticipated then the exceptional growth that would materialize in the years to come. With 450

employees worldwide, the company has now entered a phase where different management skills are

required than those that were instrumental to create the company and build the brand until this point.

Michiel Mol has those skills and I am proud to hand over the reins to such a competent and energetic

partner. It allows me to do what I am best at: brand building.

Some commentators think that the Spyker formula 1 team could be a gold mine as the manufacturers buy up B teams as "customers". This will give them partners for sharing testing to get more miles on a given chassis design.

The thinking is McLaren with Prodrive as the B team

Toyota with Williams

Honda and Super Aguri

Renault and Red Bull

Ferrari and Toro Rosso (after Jean Todt's son has bought out Red Bull)

BMW and Spyker.

If Toro Rosso doesn't split from Red Bull, then BMW and Ferrari could be fighting over Spyker which would make some Dutch people very rich.