Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 wheel suggestion - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 wheel suggestion

• Gold FFM

Pretty sure I saw on one of the Lotus FB groups the Team Dynamics 1.3 18" will actually fit the car, with caliper clearance - but only just!

Don't quote me on it though. That's a 400 too.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I tried them on my Sport 410.  Same hubs and brakes disc dia. as the 400-430 cars.  At the tightest point I had 5 mm clearance behind the spokes to the caliper.  Plenty of extra room.

Sorry to do some first advertising here 😉 
If you don´t fear a fair price for lightweight forged wheels you could have a look here:

https://www.leitspeed-wheels.de/en/wheel-lsl-01/

Front 19" 7,95 kg rear 20" 9,5 kg 
We started shipping now to customers and this wheel design LSL01 is made for all the Evora models especially. 
Wheel weight is clear below Lotus original forged wheels 19/20, price still below Lotus forged wheels. The quality is top level too.

Comes with full German street homologation (TÜV) and is not a simple adaption it is designed with the Evora´s high offsets and wide brake calipers in mind.

With that wheel you can add lightness right where it counts without compromising the well balanced Lotus suspension.  
The reduction of rotary mass and unsprung weight - means factor 2 compared to a comparable chassis weight reduction. 

Testing with Michelin Pilot 4 S showed a superb handling of the car on road and track (Evora S,  used higher camber at the front 1,0 degrees) and the car turns in sharper and even more naturally. Braking and acceleration is improved too.

Evora-LSL01_gold_Steff_side_1500x430_2.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Has anyone fitted Evora 400 wheels to an S1?

I currently have forges 18" and 19" wheels on S1 but  have the opportunity to acquire a set of Gloss black cast 400 wheels (Front: A132G0193F and A132G0194F) for cheap.

There is a suggestion on Lotustalk that the 400 wheels won't fit an S1, but with no explanatio

Yes, they fit fine.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

46 minutes ago, w022a said:

I currently have forges 18" and 19" wheels on S1 but  have the opportunity to acquire a set of Gloss black cast 400 wheels (Front: A132G0193F and A132G0194F) for cheap.

Be aware that there are some stolen sets of 400 wheels floating around. If the price of this set is ‘too good to be true’, they could well be one of them:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/lotus-alloy-wheels-worth-more-than-20-000-stolen-from-lorry-in-a14-layby-at-risby-1-4485630

2 minutes ago, Bruss said:

Are you sure? The 19/20's don't.

Yes, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. S1 (NA) on the 19/20 cast 400 wheels. Running Cup2 tyres.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 minute ago, CocoPops said:

Yes, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. S1 (NA) on the 19/20 cast 400 wheels. Running Cup2 tyres.

fair enough. When I enquired about them Lotus told me that clearance of the discs would be an issue.

8 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Thanks for the help.  I trust the seller.  I'll give it a go and report back with the results

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2018 at 20:15, w022a said:

Thanks for the help.  I trust the seller.  I'll give it a go and report back with the results

Resurrecting this old thread: do the 400 wheels (19/20) fit the S1?