Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 noise level - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 noise level

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone

I really want to do the Lotus on Track Brands GP day this year in my 380.

101db static, 92db drive by. With a KT db killer Im still not going to make it am I? 😢 

I don’t want to change the exhaust.

Just go for a 2bular, they sound even better!!!

Im going to look to get something like this made up. A photo I took a few years back:

DEB21D2E-942D-4FE3-90FF-741759ACC793.thumb.jpeg.fb4eccf849cc83b365f619a1399504b7.jpeg

Merlin motorsport sell them. If I can get a custom Y made to them, as the 380 is a single exit. I think two will help a lot. Also maybe some slightly angled down tips added to the exits.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I will probably go to SPA Thursday, the concern is the 95db of noise. I guess I will not go through the noise controls ?

I saw that Hangar111 to a silencer exhaust not too expensive someone already placed?
Komotec too but he is overpriced and he is still with the pig nose.

I tried both the Hangar111 and 2bular exhausts to reduce the dB on my 380. The latter is strictly superior. My only problem with 2bular is how long you have to wait to get your shipment but if you can afford to wait a few months, I say go for it.

I don't now much about the Komotec, would be interested to hear someone's thoughts

1 hour ago, Konstantin said:

I tried both the Hangar111 and 2bular exhausts to reduce the dB on my 380. The latter is strictly superior.

What are the differences you've observed? Are they both the same level of noise? 👨‍🔧

Edited by vd9

The Hangar111 is actually quite a bit quieter than the 2bular and is good enough for places like Silverstone or Snetterton. What makes a real difference are the silencing pointed add-ons for the 2bular (not road-legal so for track use only) - you can relatively easily put them on whenever you need and they make your car quiet. You can also point these away from the mikes if you know how to locate them. The Hangar system got me kicked out of Brands for tripping the drive-by while the 2bular stayed consistently below the limit

The 2bular exhaust note sounds a little better than the Hangar's but both are crap compared to the stock pipes in that respect

Edited by Konstantin
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Konstantin said:

The Hangar system got me kicked out of Brands for tripping the drive-by while the 2bular stayed consistently below the limit

Was that the day that we were also there?  ISTR the link pipe had separated itself from the Y-pipe, rather than a problem with the silencer itself?

We've never exceeded 90dB drive-by on a number of days at Brands GP with a few EX460 cars with the QT on it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It was a different day, though I don't remember if I'd tripped it on the day you were there too - the marshals usually give you a warning first and then take you off the track for the rest of the day if you do it again - which I did, but another time. The microphone I tripped both times was somewhere around the paddock hill bend

The pipe separation issue was a bit annoying but easily fixed and nothing to do with any of the above - whenever those would come apart it was hard not to know right away

Phone him up and have a chat with Jim - he's a lovely chap who will tell you EVERYTHING about exhaust systems (and more).

I did warn you about how long you will have to wait for your exhaust though. Real quality product, (probably) worth the wait but I'd almost given up all hope of getting mine

• 2 months later...
On 28/09/2018 at 19:31, razad said:

Drove around 70 laps at Spa tuesday and wednesday this week. Limit was 107dB so no problems for me.

So now after 370 laps on track it's time for a new set of tires.

Hello

Do you have any feedback on the KT dB eater ? Efficiency ? Drawbacks ?