Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A Few Yanks - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A Few Yanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

36832015622_db751f371b_b.jpg

Looks like the "Sedan Royale" from the Classy Crashers car game I used to have in the 1970s. I wonder if the doors fly off if you press the bumper?

EImSXN7.jpg

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

4 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

Slight Mustang bias there B-) lovely stuff, only the Yanks could make pickups desirable!

I owned a '77 El Camino once. Kinda like a Europa on steroids (in size and general styling only..,,,,.definitely not in handling!!!).   :lol:

It moved pretty good with a 350 4BBL

It had power everything and great comfort for 2 (great smooth ride for a pickup and and where the engine should be you placed what you haul)

Image result for 77 el camino green

After that I had a few 4X4 pickups as I had the need, but have a small AWD SUV these days as my everyday vehicle. Once you get the ability to haul your own stuff on demand it's hard to give it up.(the camper van does a good job with 4X8 sheets of plywood and drywall) ;)

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, calvan said:

I've had my Europa compared to an El Camino a couple of times, including one wit who asked if it "shrunk in the wash"

Did he enjoy hospital breakfast's

Alas, he wasn't sent to sample that fine cuisine. The comment was made by a spectator at a car show and as I was in public and polite company, I had to temper my response. I don't recall my exact response, but it was intended to convey the notion that in calling him a wit I am in fact doubling my estimation of his faculties.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

12 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

The 4th gen 73-77 El Caminos were great.  That looks like a 78 El Camino in the picture.  

Right you are.  My '77 was the last of the larger ones.

Now here's a pic for you mid engine enthusiasts and the aging question in the Esprit group: To wing or not to wing?    :rofl:

:sofa:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by comem47

7 hours ago, Neal H said:

You can't help but love American muscle cars.

It doesn't matter whether they handle or not, the look and the noise is enough

They're the perfect antidote to today's Prius's and tree hugging hybrids.  I have one as where I live everyone is far to sensible.  And it's good to roar past the swaths of cycling "mamil" turds that clog up the roads, as they eat my dust and career into the nearest bush.

A Dixie horn is on order.

Surprised to see a UK replica of "The Car" - the demon posessed thingy that predated Christine by a good few years. Most people have forgotten that film. Whats underneath it? A Lincoln?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream