Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is my Evora too expensive? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is my Evora too expensive?

Stuno1

My car had been with Silverstone for a month now and a few people have expressed serious interest in the car from what I am told and have test driven it. The car is up for 44,500 and most of you know it so I won't add a link. 

I am told the clutch is heavy but it's always been like that and only had 20k miles on it. Silverstone think this be why the car has not sold??? It's well known the clutch weight varies and they last as long as a regular clutch in any other car.

I think mine is a really good example. Wrbuyanycar have valued the car at just under 39,500 and I am now seriously considering collecting th car and selling to them. By selling the Larini back box separately I'll be 500 away from what I originally wanted to get from the car.

So, am I missing something?

stu

There are a few white ones currently though? So maybe it's jut a colour thing?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Is the webuyanycar valuation after they've seen it? 

Compare yours, spec, year, mileage etc against ones that have sold quickly recently to ascertain if price could be the issue. Pricing does depend on how quick you want to sell sometimes

Spec and mileage etc it seems to be priced well in my opinion. All tyres, discs and pads have lots of wear left on them still as well. No scratches or dents at all. All stock ppf relaxed and full front end ppf fitted and the other extras mentioned on the advert. 

Some forums dont like advert links on posts so assumed it would be the same here.

• Gold FFM

Stuart, if you want to advertise it here to get some coverage on TLF, pop the ad in the Classifieds. (You will have to register if you haven't before. It is separate to TLF) Can't hurt.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Having seen your car last year Stu, it did look a really nice example. But if cars aren't being sold the reason will be down to price. If you won't take any offers and the clutch is a concern then I'd suggest you authorise Silverstone to change the clutch and suck up the cost. Hopefully they will do you a deal. I would also note that you are only 10/15k away from a 400 and (personally speaking) if I were in the market for an Evora I would spend the extra given how cheap a bank loan is currently.

Paul - they have not seen the car but I expect them to try and knock me down a hindered or so. The car is pristine so not really concerned about them knocking it down much. 

Understand it's close ish to a 400 but if people (like me) are buying cash then that's a lot of extra money. It's also a lot more in finance terms on a monthly basis. 

I would be better off to take the car to webuyanycar than to ask Silverstone to sell the car with the clutch being changed. 

mmmmmm......

I suppose the old adage of "its worth what people will pay" is at work............

I would have said without seeing it or knowing it just going off age and miles that £40k was the mark......

but seeing it and knowing the history and extras I dont really think youre far off with what youre asking......

might be tempted to sway by £1k or so depending on how quick you want it gone......I would have thought youd get £42~43k without much effort........what about a marketing ploy of £1 under the next big number......so £42,999....or £43,999

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

How heavy is the clutch? If people have been seriously interested and gone to the trouble to test drive it and then been put off, it may be because they are worried about clutch failure or it may be that they think they can't live with it day to day.

Silverstone know the market as well as anyone, I'd listen to what they are saying.

It looks lovely in the pictures, so I doubt it's colour or spec that are putting people off. Maybe you just need to be patient.

I took my Dad's car to webuyanycar.com and it was pristine too. They managed to find 4 or 5 incredibly small stone chips/marks on the front of the car and deducted something like £100 off the valuation they had given me for every one of them. It was then a case of "take it or leave it"....

The only way that they won't reduce the value is if the car is in EXACTLY the same condition as it left the factory.

I have nothing to compare it to but it's been like it since i have owned it on 13k miles. 

I expect webuyanycar to know my me down a hubdred or so. 

I have asked Silverstone to reduce the price to 43,500 and will see how September goes.

Thank you for all the replies 

Stuart,  

Expect webuyanycar.com to knock you down more an few hundred,  they are actually owned by an auction company,  so they knock you down as much as possible then the cars go straight to auction,  ok if you are looking for a very quick sale, but as regards a few hundred, i would change that to well over 1k ! 

A

Took a while for my white 400 to sell, also with red leather, via silverstone. Had to drop price by £3k to get interest and sold. 

Get the feeling the colour has a smaller audience. 

Think you need to drop car a bit more than £1k to make a difference.  

GLWS

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

instead of dropping price just agree a new clutch and tell them its included in the price advertised, but only do it when it sells, giving the buyer the option 2k cheaper or new clutch?  this will make yours more appealing than all others, and if youve already reduced the price by 1k, im guessing new clutch is 2k then your only 1k away..  

does seem a bit strange doing something thats not necessary tho.. but if it gives piece of mind to someone...

just a thought...

to anyone looking, i saw this car a a meet it  is a stunning example pampered and obsessed over by its owner .. 

Edited by andyj007

I wouldn't disagree with that Andy but at 20k miles old I really don't think it needs replacing. I am loathed to shell out 2k when I don't think I need to. What makes it more annoying is i think it is a ball ache to check as well. If i were keeping the car it would never have crossed my mind.

As stated previously it finds gear without issue and there is no skipping at all. Surely these are the signs of a clutch on the way out? 

If I can sell the car as advertised with a clutch that may be an option to be fair...

If I was looking for a Lotus autotrader would not be where I would look first. Piston heads probably first port of call

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Hi, 

On the Silverstone website, your Evora is displayed right next to a blue one with the same options. Yours is currently 2500£ cheaper, but the other has 3,300 miles versus 20,000 miles and is a 2015 model versus your 2013.

Althought the other one is already reserved, I think it harms you. Once it disappears, your offer will have no comparison and will be more appealing.

• Like 1