Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 18" Wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 18" Wheels

Looking at getting a set of new 18" wheels all around for the Evora, 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear.  Anyone got similar and got a good recommendation re tyre sizes / make?

Thanks

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What size wheels do you have atm ?   I always thought the Evora had 19" back rims to do a sort of magic trick to hide the extra size area of bodywork for the back seats,  I know your car is the 2 seater version but just always thought the Evora had at least 18" rims as standard if not larger ?

Edited by silverfrost

A

NA's shipped with 18" front and 19" rear, S models had 19" front and 20" rear.  

So my car currently has 18x8 and 19x9.5.

The ones I am looking at are slightly wider but both 18" for front and rear (18x8.5 and 18x10) as they are the same wheels specified by Lotus Motorsport for the GTS and GTN race cars, hence the ask re tyre sizes and brand.

• Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

NA's shipped with 18" front and 19" rear, S models had 19" front and 20" rear.  

So my car currently has 18x8 and 19x9.5.

The ones I am looking at are slightly wider but both 18" for front and rear (18x8.5 and 18x10) as they are the same wheels specified by Lotus Motorsport for the GTS and GTN race cars, hence the ask re tyre sizes and brand.

I miss-quoted - the ones I am looking at are only in size 18x11 - my worry is they will be too wide for the front...

The small print.

Thanks @bosshog, assuming they are TD 1.3's as opposed to 3.1's?  I was specifically looking for lighter wheels but not a fan of the standard Evora "forged" wheels. Lotus Motorsport had a bunch of APP rims in auction and these were light and fitted the bill.  I have TD 1.3's on my VX220 and whilst good wheels, I don't fancy them on the Evora.

Will probably have to go down the usual route of the Evora Forged wheels through lack of choice at a reasonable price (i.e. less than £2k a set)

The small print.

Thanks @CaptainSlow anjd @Bravo73.  Does not look as bad as I thought, though the 19/20 combo of the S certainly fills out the arches.  I guess I just need to make a decision now but am struggling as not convinced still by the look of the Evora Forged wheels.  Will need to get out and have a fresh look at a real pair as opposed to photo's.  Thanks again...

The small print.

I can really recommend the Braid Fullrace FF. The flowformig method gives most of the forging method benefits at a price not that far from a casted rim. With 18x8,5 and 18x10 fitted with Kumho Ecsta V700 track tires they save 10 kg all around compared to the standard 5x2 spoke casted 18"/19" wheels.

The only thing I can say about sizes is that 265/35-18 is too small. I use them only because it is the standard dimension used on Evoras for track tyres. a 10" wide rim with street tyres could easily take 285 mm. Front, 245 mm should not be a problem.

Just pay attention to rear track width. 18 " wheels needs much lower ET figures to not hit the lower wishbone at full compression.

20785674_10155681040538308_8983232328986019750_o.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-09-22 at 21:28, CaptainSlow said:

No, but I can get some tomorrow

Finally got around taking a photo with these wheels fitted. Before you comment, the car has been cleaned since - it was raining on Saturday...

IMG_5732.thumb.JPG.6b01dbce77885baf9445207e50526ad3.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2017 at 08:12, Bravo73 said:

Yep, me. BC Forged RS31 wheels in the same size and offsets as the LMS/TD1.3 wheels:

IMG_8441.JPG

With Avon ZZR tyres (which only come in 18" max. Hence the 18/18 wheels). 

@Bravo73 what tire pressure are you running on you wheels. I already got my rz05 fitted today, i also put in Front 225/40/18 (21lbs), Rear 265/35/18 (24 lbs.). i bought continental extreme contact sport as the price was good.

(p.s i used the specs you gave me and the wheels fitted with no problem. Thanks very much for your help)

Edited by phenoyz

On 2017-09-16 at 17:12, Bravo73 said:

Yep, me. BC Forged RS31 wheels in the same size and offsets as the LMS/TD1.3 wheels:

IMG_8441.JPG

With Avon ZZR tyres (which only come in 18" max. Hence the 18/18 wheels). 

What’s the weight of these and from where did you source them? Alternatives to the Rimstock/Team Dynamics are always welcome.

21 hours ago, CaptainSlow said:

What’s the weight of these and from where did you source them? Alternatives to the Rimstock/Team Dynamics are always welcome.

Fronts are 8.5kg each and the rear 9.1kg.

I got them from Apex Performance but there are plenty of other BC Forged suppliers in the UK and across Europe. 

12 hours ago, series_one said:

Nice brakes.  Lotus GTN?

Nope. Evora 400. 

• 3 years later...
On 31/08/2021 at 22:38, Goatboy said:

Bit of a thread resurrection, does anybody know what offsets you should run on 18" wheels?

Apologies for the delay. My wheels above (which were an identical size to the ‘OEM’ TD1.3 wheels) were:

8.5x18 e45 5x114.3-68.1

10.0x18 e60 5x114.3-68.1

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I’ve been researching this considerably: is there a reason that 10.5” wasn’t spec’d for the rear? Is it that the control arm will rub with the 18”?

I do not know, but I first tried with ET66 to not change the overall track width that much on the rear only, but it didn't work - at least not with Braid Full Race FF 18x10. I now run with ET58 which increases the track width with 22 mm rear.