Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 18" Wheels - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 18" Wheels

Greg’s race parts offers 18’s, their website stated fits all years of evora’s, including 400/GT/etc

18x10.5 i believe +66 in for the rear, they are Braid wheels

I have red so many times that’s 18’s don’t fit the last few years of the evora.  

I am probably a few years away from being able to get a new set of wheels….

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 23/06/2022 at 07:43, jalquiza said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but I’ve been researching this considerably: is there a reason that 10.5” wasn’t spec’d for the rear? Is it that the control arm will rub with the 18”?

GT430 comes with 10.5" rears

I gave up on this idea when I discovered that the weights of almost all the different wheel options (bar Stefan's, which are a bit too much for me to justify personally) are pretty much the same.

8 hours ago, NC25T said:

I have red so many times that’s 18’s don’t fit the last few years of the evora.  

Says who?

My Evora S has got Ev400 brakes fitted front and rear and 18" wheels fit over them (just). See the pictures earlier in this thread.

6 hours ago, Yan said:

GT430 comes with 10.5" rears

I think the issue is that if you’re running 18” wheels that the control arms are more likely to rub under compression, so people go narrower.

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Says who?

My Evora S has got Ev400 brakes fitted front and rear and 18" wheels fit over them (just). See the pictures earlier in this thread.

No reason for GRP to sell wheels that don’t fit.

my guess is people purchased wheels from other manufacturers which didn’t have the proper offset which causes suspension rubbing.