Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris Mcclaren 570GT review, how many times does he mention Lotus? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris Mcclaren 570GT review, how many times does he mention Lotus?

vmcdemo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A great car.  

23 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Great car without doubt.

Trevor.

This would be the car for me if I were to replace my 400.  Happily, I feel no need to do that as the 400 suits me to a T.  Now he needs to review a new Evora.   I'd like to see that video.

Edited by Loquacious Lew

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Thanks,  I should have been more specific as they gave that away in the video.  Presumably the non- track parts are also south Wales but i didn't recognise where. Looked quite lovely,  as does the car...

Brilliant car with breathtaking performance. But I think the front is ugly, looks like an insect.

image.png.8969e9072fe3032f87584499665a3d4f.png

They need lessons from Lotus too on beautiful fronts like the current Evoras and Exiges.

DanR

I admire McLaren for coming up with a distinctive look which isn't easy when there are so many cars you're trying not to look like. 540 looks much better in a dark colour where the P1 inspired giant smile blends into the rest of the car. I get what they're trying to do with the headlights in mirroring the McLaren logo but think the job is to make stunning headlights first, worry about incorporating elements of the logo second. 720S shows they're more interested in function and being distinctive, probably where they should be at this time.

18 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

Now he needs to review a new Evora.   I'd like to see that video.

That’s not going to happen, I’m afraid. He burnt his Lotus bridges a couple of years ago. (Coincidentally when the 400 was announced). 

On 9/25/2017 at 06:12, Bravo73 said:

That’s not going to happen, I’m afraid. He burnt his Lotus bridges a couple of years ago. (Coincidentally when the 400 was announced). 

That's unfortunate.  I wasn't aware of that but I only just started following these cars in earnest after I bought one.  Now I'm doing the research :lol:

'17 Evora 400 MT 

In which case check out Harris's review of the Exige V6 when it was launched. A more wholehearted endorsement of Lotus chassis engineering you will not find. It's a real shame he became persona non grata.....

Yeah he really liked the Exige. What was his deal with the Evora 400 though? I remember the article on I think Pistonheads where I think he accused it of garnering attention and being fawned over just because it's British and not on it's technical merits. But then again with CH it seems that any car that ISN'T a Porsche Cayman gets knocked down a few notches for that reason. Which begs the question....does he have a meltdown when he is given a Cayman to review? Can a  Cayman be as good as a Cayman? Does it compute? 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

9 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

That's unfortunate.  I wasn't aware of that but I only just started following these cars in earnest after I bought one.  Now I'm doing the research :lol:

I’ll save you the effort:

http://jalopnik.com/how-auto-journalism-fails-when-nationalism-gets-involve-1686723025

He essentially wrote off the 400 before he had even driven it. IIRC (without having to read the article again), he also stated that the Cayman GT4 was going to be the most amazing thing for motoring (once again, without having driven it yet).