Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2ZZ-GE engine build/design for competition - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2ZZ-GE engine build/design for competition

There are not too many aftermarket parts available to build a real race/competition Yamaha 2ZZ-GE engine. The ones that are available are just generic parts adapted to the 2ZZ. The 2ZZ engine seems to be a great starting point in that the block is made from MMC and therefore lighter, more compact and stiffer than a "conventional" cast block.

Would this be the place to post custom designed and made parts for the 2ZZ engine? If not, can this post be moved to the appropriate place?

And, is there any interest in the results?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks...

I have done individual pieces/components, but never all at once and all together. I'm liking how it is progressing...but it's taking so much longer than I had hoped. But that's how it usually goes, especially with such comprehensive projects.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

37893304062_c20af879c7_o_d.jpg

So, an intake manifold got printed up...and installed on the mule engine...

37893300792_47d8ba65f1_o_d.jpg

Another angle...

37893291772_3f7e86cab5_o_d.jpg

And the throttle body...

We want to check out if the carbon printed manifold will hold up to the vacuum of an atmo engine first.

Edited by Julius Jodelė

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't wait either. As all new things, It's not going as fast you would like/wish. I still had apprehensions with the last material found and finally found a material that I'm completely happy with. It can even be manufactured the way it was designed to be manufactured. This new material is even stronger than the last one, so to save money, I'm redesigning it again to take into account the better material properties.

Meanwhile, the bottom end is being assembled and flow benching of the head is being done. I've designed intake port to improve flow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 23/06/2018 at 09:53, Julius Jodelė said:

And here is how the intake assembly will look

Intake.Assembly.jpg

Intake.Assembly.Front.jpg

Wow this looks fantastic from the outside, those veins look rather intriguing I'd be more interested in what's going on on the inside??? 

1 hour ago, Steve V8 said:

Wow this looks fantastic from the outside, those veins look rather intriguing I'd be more interested in what's going on on the inside??? 

I'll just say that there are full trumpets on the inside. The injectors point straight to the back of the valves. The volume of the plenum is 2.5x the working volume of the engine. Those ribs on the outside are for structural rigidity. Under full vacuum, the plenum only deflects 0.15mm! The plenum weighs 1.5kg.

• Like 2

I've finally gotten the design to the point where I like it. It meets my criteria for loads. It is 10x as strong as it needs to be and only weighs 1.48kg.

29187826747_54e4afb09f_z_d.jpg

And the max deflection is only 0.158mm at the red spot. You can also make out some of the interior design features.

42316184560_cf10512189_z_d.jpg

OK...some movement on this project!

Edited by Julius Jodelė
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Wow!  :)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Amazing, the work looks stunning,  cant wait to see the results and hope they go way past your expectations, fantastic work and a pleasure to read and veiw the cad    :thumbup:  

• Like 1

A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...