Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Prospective Evora Owner....Help Needed! :) - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Prospective Evora Owner....Help Needed! :)

Hass

5 hours ago, pete said:

Where is @Dave Eds when you need him.Has probably driven an n.a. as much as anybody

Sorry guys I've been out driving my NA!

• Haha 1

Dave.

i think there is little chance of being rear ended in the evora....  it gets peoples attention too much when following.... :)

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF @Hass. :welcome:

Best of luck looking for an Evora. One will come up that will tick all your boxes. Guys on here are a great source of information. You should also be able to find Bibs reviews on test drives of various Evoras on TLF as well.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

5 hours ago, Hass said:

@C8RKH are you a mechanic or have you picked things up over time? Just wondering as you have done so much work to your Evora...!

Hahaha. Oh i laughed so hard my shorts split!

No @Hass I'm not. Quite the opposite in fact. Even my attempts at Meccano usually ended in disaster!

I have a very good independent in Edinburgh (Craig Moncrieff) who does the clever stuff ( like undoing screws and bolts and putting 2bular headers on! ). Allon White did my interior. Cannot rate them highly enough for the trim work quality.

My simple philosophy is by spending some cash early I avoid most of the bigger bills later and maintain reliability. My Evora is like Airforce 1. Cherished and maintained by the best. It works because I don't use a spanner on it!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi Hass,

Not sure if you're still looking but Ill be bringing in a 2012 Registered Lotus Evora S In black with silver wheels tomorrow done 17k Miles Full Lotus Service History with us and supplied by us. Pending appraisal it will be Circa £35k

Wow. Very good price for an S with known provenance and such low miles. Guess winter is coming Jon Snow.

Snap it up someone.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:38, plenty said:

The only other concern I have about the Evora as an ownership proposition is the lack of availability of spares, a historical Lotus shortcoming.  I've currently got parts on back order for months with no stock availability in view.  I've got two LEDs out in one headlight and the only solution is a new headlight for >£1k except you can't actually buy a new headlight.

Why do people accept this BS? The headlight unit is the same on all Evora's, including those on the production line. So they are available.

You need to complain firmly, but politely, and get a resolution.

Yes and no @tim_marra.

The quality items on the S1 included subtle but exclusive Lotus branding at the bottom of the lens. This was dropped as a cost cutting measure on the 400. One of many.

So if you get a later 400 headlamp unit as a replacement for an S1 item they do not match.

Just saying..... :sofa:

The small print.

I've never had an issue getting spares. I know some have. But I haven't.

The small print.

@plenty FWIW I believe @Matthew Haskins is having new sidelight LED curcuit boards made @  £199 + VAT each. .

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

12 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Why do people accept this BS? The headlight unit is the same on all Evora's, including those on the production line. So they are available.

You need to complain firmly, but politely, and get a resolution.

I have headlights sat in my parts stock for Evora if it helps...

With regards to the sidelights, I'm going to have to write a cheque for several thousand pounds in order to get the production started - I would like to have around 10 fconfirmed orders before I commit, I currently only have 2!

Edited by Matthew Haskins
  • Like 1

www.lotussilverstone.co.uk

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:08, Stratton Motor Company said:

Hi Hass,

Not sure if you're still looking but Ill be bringing in a 2012 Registered Lotus Evora S In black with silver wheels tomorrow done 17k Miles Full Lotus Service History with us and supplied by us. Pending appraisal it will be Circa £35k

Hi Alex,

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks

Hi Hass, it isn't on the forecourt yet as it is going through preparation. It's having some small remedial work done to the coachwork. It will be available to view from Friday. Feel free to call me on 01508530491 to discuss the car. If it helps we have a great low rate finance offer of 5.9% at the moment which has been very popular.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good looking car, looks well cared for, and a decent price for the spec and performance. Cannot see it standing around for long to be honest.

The small print.

as mentioned above the tyres are alot cheaper for these wheels... nice an easy to clean, i love mine    id be getting them gold painted. on that car ...  :)

Gold - non.

Bronze - yeah maybe.

I had the wheels on my VXR8 done in "smoked chrome" by TWS. 

Looked nothing like chrome, but worked great on a dark car.

- powdercoated black

- hand spray silver onto the face only (leaving sides of spokes and rim black)

- clear powdercoat

D4C95DEB-CCB9-43FE-A101-0472CE3C8923_zpsjl136krv.jpg