Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 54 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

• Gold FFM
On 10/12/2017 at 08:36, The Pits said:

I believe 2bular do a quieter exhaust for the Evora, I've driven a 410 with a Quicksilver exhaust which measured 101db at Castle Combe and at least one other company is working on a more track friendly system. The problem is, most people think it takes away a lot of the fun on the road and makes the Evora sound more ordinary.

I find it amusing that the exhaust required for the track has to be quieter than that required for the road.

I don't think Australia has that sort of restriction.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We do, but I've never had a problem. Been to Wakefield several times (heavily policed 90dB drive-by limit between turns 2 & 3) and never set it off.

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

• Gold FFM

What is it for? Is it because all the people that live near the track are all complaining about noise?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

In a nutshell yes. That said even the local Lotus race cars don't set it off, only my friend's near-straight-pipe Mustang V8 has :)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

• Gold FFM

Oh, and I think the interior of the 430 would have looked so much better with the exposed gearchange.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trevsked said:

What do you need to do if the car isn't a +2?

Trevor.

Drill rear alum bar that +2 rear center lap belts attach to

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

What is it for? Is it because all the people that live near the track are all complaining about noise?

Yep, usually after they've just moved close by :angry:

I'm smitten by the Sport version... that said I'd like to know if there's a more road focused version around the corner. Same styling, ( the front's finally right IMO ), carbon options if required but less focus on the race tech. I'd add all those softie things too like air con, soundproofing, sat nav, heated seats, I even like the flappy paddle gear change! I'm guessing all of this would defeat the object of a GT4 offshoot, perhaps there's a Evora Series 3 with all the creature comforts, plenty of performance for daily driving.... please? 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I can't help but think that given the looks of these, it makes the 400 look dated. Be nice if they updated the 400 with at least the front end (non carbon) of this. Would be more of a motivation to buy a new 400. As it stands a new 400 doesn't make as much sense these days (including the price hike of late) at least compare to getting a second hand one.

• Like 1

400s look really good value at the moment. If there is a facelift with grp versions of the similar panels and a glass engine cover the price would take a fair hike.  I doubt the Sport 410 would survive a facelift, I can see them axing that. Makes more sense for the 400 facelift to use the 410 engine. They already have the 'Sport 430' essentially.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Spinney said:

That is bloody lovely :wub: and I don’t mind admitting I’m dead jealous! I’m sure you will love the car. 

Thanks mate

Great review Jonny and Bibs.  A question - what is your thinking on the best ESP/TC for track.  Race or off and use the variable traction control?

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

400s look really good value at the moment...

..in the Evora line up. There's a growing gap between the Elise and the next model now, and I'd argue there's a need for a lotus enthusiast to 'work up' the range. The likes of the 410/430 are for the few Lotus die hards with deep pockets. Personally I think if they push the 400 price up again with just cosmetic changes they are not going to sell too many in the real world where a brand new 911 costs 76k. And for the drivers you can pick up lots of second hand goodies (GT4, GT3, GTR, R8, V10 Vantage, AMG GT, etc). 

Edited by bosshog
Spelling

It's a good question Mark we just didn't get to that point unfortunately as it was driving on track for filming rather than a hard analysis of the car's dynamics. We mostly used the south circuit so there was no single fast lap of the whole track. I was beginning to hustle it a bit towards the end but plenty still to come. Including exploring the variable TC system. My guess is we'll leave them in RACE for the most part and the variable TC is just something to play with. I do believe you're on your own, no stability control saftey net, it's just pure traction control. Should be fun finding out. The car has very strong traction though and not so much torque that it can easily overpower the rear tyres. I think we'll be having to push quite hard to feel the system working.

Adjusting the dampers won't be as easy as the Nitron system on the Exige for sure. It's designed for race teams in mind. I believe turning the front wheels to full lock gets you access but to get to the rears it's wheels off or lying on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe the Ohlins are the same layout as I had on the GTS and as such the fronts can be adjusted by turning the wheel and the rears can be accessed by feel through the wheel spokes, when the disc is cooled a little of course. This in practice is not such problem if you're not a continual fiddler as I tended to adjust from road to track settings once arriving and having done the briefing or the night before and drive to the track on these settings.

Trevor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Quote from the article: 'If you could spec a Sport 410 with Ohlins TTX dampers and the titanium exhaust you’d get very close to £100k'

I noticed the other day that the dampers have now joined the Ti exhaust on the price list for the 410. Specced up with AC but no stereo I got up to £96300. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I'll get rid of the 'could' then.

So, £98k including stereo. I don't think £104 is unreasonable for the GT430 Sport in that case for the extra carbon, aero, brakes, interior bits, bhp and limited production.

For what it's worth I'm no less of a fan of the Sport 410. It's still the most fun I've ever had in an Evora to date, though I'm sure the GT430 has the potential to surpass that, I just didn't have the opportunity to really get into the groove with the GT430 like I did with the 410.

I was going to add a bit about the 410 and how great I still think it is, how it could well be the 'sweet spot' in the range taking everything into account. But if buying now I'd definitely want the Ohlins so would most likely go for the GT430 Sport. I'd be tempted to stick with the narrower wheels to keep weight down and hope that it would remain as playful as the Sport 410. If I couldn't stretch to the extra cost then I probably shouldn't be buying either!

• Like 2