Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 14 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

• Gold FFM

It can't be 150k, no way. If it was Lotus would be a laughing stock. I am pretty sure it's more like 110-120k with options.

Problem is I think the 410 already struggles at 92k in the eyes of many.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

One major thing I want to say as a positive - I am glad Lotus are not attempting to make it a "Cup". It clearly has many elements of a cup, but they are making effort to keep the Evora as a more refined product. 

James Martin (JayEmm)

Can the splitter be used on 400/410? Looks ace.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Overall I like it, I think id spec it without the rear wing though... 

New front end is very 'V6exigy'. It's gone from the hard 'axe' lines back to softer curves which I think works much better in general.

Shame they didn't add an extra inch of width on each corner though, bit gutted not to see a wee bit wider body!

Just now, JayEmm said:

It can't be 150k, no way. If it was Lotus would be a laughing stock. I am pretty sure it's more like 110-120k with options.

Problem is I think the 410 already struggles at 92k in the eyes of many.

Hard to say... it's a niche car, are they talking build numbers? If it's limited that would hike the price, there's  lots of competition in that region although I've never understood the comparisons with Porker prices, different strokes. 

As for the car I really like the styling, for me it's most complete looking Evora to date, although I'd find a way to drop the wing if I could... I guess some sort of active aero's out of the question at the moment but perhaps with the Geely investment it might be a way to go. Personally I'd put back the creature comforts, the air con, heated seats, sat nav, etc, etc. maybe revert to a more comfortable interior but keep the carbon and the overall race car look. Price will be interesting fully specced but I'm sure it'll be an amazing drive. 

• Like 1

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• Gold FFM

Pretty sure it would be a bit unbalanced without the rear wing - aerodynamically.

You'll also find the weight of it will be nowhere near impressive as Lotus claim with a proper spec. What people consider "proper" varies wildly of course

James Martin (JayEmm)

Love it. Glad its not wider - I'd never fit down country lanes with oncoming tractors otherwise. Not sure about the wing, but I suspect in real life it looks great. Shame I'll never have the $$ to buy one.

• Gold FFM

@LF1 Lotus do not consider me important enough to get press cars. I have to rely on the good will of dealers, but with the strong likelihood of this being a limited run car, I think the chances of getting one for demo are slim.

I'd love to have a go, of course. I didn't think much at all of the Exige 360 Cup until I drove one. One of my favourite cars now.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Nope, I'm on the internet constantly refreshing facebook with the rest of the common folk

One other thing I just twigged... no auto option mentioned

James Martin (JayEmm)

15 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Overall I like it, I think id spec it without the rear wing though...

This, I think it would look much better without the wing.

Overall I like it, loving the new front bumper, not so keen on the rear wing, it just looked slapped on. Think the pinched in panels behind the front wheels would look better just vented rather than pinched in. I suspect it will make the GTE's look good value.

I get the GT reference but do think they need to standardise the range across the different models.

Gav

Just now, scotty435 said:

That looks amazing, let start giving Lotus some Credit instead of slating them at every opportunity, they still make great products and this as got to be the best for years, I say well done Lotus 

Yes I also  love it,  but one will have to take into account price and then I will be right off it lol

I fully expect to get heavily abused simply for asking this question but ... given it has the Sparco seats, is a +2 feasible? 

It could mean the difference between me getting this past SWMBO as a direct replacement for my 400, and being slapped for suggesting I buy another 2 seater car.

• Like 1

I doubt passengers would appreciate the ride round the track as theyve taken the back windows out too......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Front and rear bumper look very nice, fixed the slightly awkward looks of the 400 IMHO, I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash!

Torque still being held down to protect the naff gearbox it seems...

Good concept... not sure about the wing on the Evora though... liked the GTE wing a lot better. To me this is not really a fluid design anymore with that wing... a huge wing is always a challenge but if it is done right it can be done...