Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wife And Son In Crash Today - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wife And Son In Crash Today

just to let you all know.

kelly and cameron were involved in a crash earlier today, a young kid in a car was driving stupidly and suddenly breaked to turn around in a resturant carpark, he couldnt go into it as another car was coming the other way, what he failed to realise is that another woman in a car behind him and my wife behind her were also behind him and he just slammed on his brakes without signalling. the woman behind stopped and kelly also, unfortunatley by that time it was too late.

kellys little pug is a write off by the looks of it, but, both her and cameron are ok, the little shit who caused it decided to leave as wuick as he could after the police had been.

this resturant is at the crest of a small hill with a bend and cars from both directions speed through it, last year a biker died as a car was pulling out as he was going so fast he hit the side of the car pulling out. there have also been other car accidents there, but even though there has been numerous complaints and calls for humps and cameras our esteemed council would rather plague the town with humps in places not needed.

after this i am going to write to our local mp and also to the local papers stating the sheer incompetance of our council, they would rather stick 36 humps along a stretch of road just because the local cheif constables kids go to that school than any other school, other schools make do with just 12 humps along the road.

even though that stratch of road has had fatailities they still wont fit a camera there!!!

i tell you if something worse had happened i would have been on a life stratch by now because i know of one driver that wouldnt be breathing right now.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But at least they're ok matey, thats the important thing!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I hope you dont mind me joining in Bigsi as I dont know you ,but the main thing is that your loved ones are ok.

I could go on all day about this.I live near Mesea in Essex in a village called Peldon .There is a loop around two villages about 3 miles long and this time of year it is like idiots Sunday or whatever it is called on the Isle of Man,the difference being its cars bikes anything.In the 7 years I have lived here we have had AROUND 7 fatalities and numerous injuries and ALL of them have been drivers under the age of 20,that is except the 56 year old cyclist who was hit from behind by a 20 year old 205 driver.My local pub has had one of its bar staff killed and 1 seriously injured ,the latter 50 yards from my house in the last year .Both girls in their teens.6 months after we moved in we heard a screech at 1 in the morning and a young lad in an M3 misjudged the bend hit the telegraph pole and flipped over into our garden.By the time I,m down hes crawled out and I just see him getting into his friends Golf and driving away.It turns out he goes out with the girl at the pub and has been in a lock in, and rumour has it was pissed as a... 6 years later I still have the hole in the hedge to show for it.

THE POINT I'M GETTING TO IS! I called the police who are 25mins away in Colchester,they turn up admittedly with a helicopter as well but cant find him, his mates or anyone.They go to his house ,surprise hes not there.two days later he turns up saying someone stole his keys from the pub where he left them.Because the police are so late they give up and he doesnt even get a fine!

The girl at the pub who died ,the police turned up 40 minutes after the paramedics etc etc etc

The last time I'm sitting in the ditch trying to keep a girl awake who has a right angle break mid forearm for 20 minutes waiting for the police ,they eventually do turn up simply saying that they are aware of the issues but its not their problem that cars have got faster!!!

THE POLICE UNFORTUNATELY OPERATE A CLEAR UP RATHER THAN A PREVENT PHILOSOPHY.

(Apologies to any officers here but in rural areas that a FACT)

It may sound Cynical but if I wrote to my MP all that would happen is he would meet a senior policeman at the lodge meeting that week and they would install a speed hump right outside my cottage so that everyone had to slow down and then accelerate just outside my bedroom window!!

THE BOTTOM LINE IS YOUR FAMILY ARE OK BUDDY.

• Gold FFM

Glad they are both OK Si.

Hope the Ins. Co's see it favourably mate - I can guess what they will say if you hit someone from behind, wether they are indicating or not - my wife had similar about four years ago and lost her no claims as Ins Co. said her following distance should have been bigger. This one involved four cars - nobody injured though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry to hear that your family has had more bad luck, Simon. Thank goodness they are OK. I can undestand your frustration about the use of speed cameras and speed humps. If they were being put in places where the roads are dangerous and to try to prevent accidents. then the would be in this black spot. More evidence for cameras being revenue-raising devices.

I hope they aren't too stiff or shaken up from the shunt. From what I've read, yours is a strong family and they won't let this upset them but some kid needs a bloody good talking to.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

sorry to hear this simon, but at least they are OK

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Si, really sorry to hear about this mate :D

But as others have already said, the most important thing is that both Kelly and young Cameron escaped unscathed.

Can really understand your feelings of frustration but based on your description of the accident I can't see that speed humps & cameras would have actually stopped it from happening... but the youngster remembering (and implementing) MSM almost certainly would.

Sorry to hear about you your bad luck simon, but thank goodness your wife and little un are safe and sound. Hope you all can enjoy some easter sunshine together.

all the best

Alex

Glad your loved ones are ok though mate!

That young twat will get his dues - goes around comes around...

regards,

rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg