Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
“I bought an Audi” - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

“I bought an Audi”

So come on @saj reveal all...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh

• Haha 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

@C8RKH your dream car has arrived :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

As you guessed. Not MY dream cars but certainly Saj's and a nice addition to his garage.

The R8 has a wonderful v10 engine but as a car it does nothing for me. Personally if I was spending over £100k on a car I'd have gone for a GT430 in Ardent Red.

However, I'm sure Saj is delighted and in love. Let's see how he feels after driving it on track.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@saj congrats! (esp nice Color and rwd-edition)

@C8RKH just a short comment on Lotus pricing: this AUDI is more than € 10.000 c h e a p e r in Germany than the GT 430...........i am not sure if the pricing of the gt 43o in Continental europe is maybe, just maybe, a Little bit too optimistic.....

It is about £10k cheaper in the UK too. But then of course you have the Audi fleeceushitless options list.

You are also  comparing a volume mass producer with a handmade outfit - Lotus does not have the scale to compete.

999 R8 RWS as a limited edition is about half of Lotus full year production so hardly exclusive and it still looks like a TT to most people.  Lol. I'd still have the 430GT instead.

The small print.

@C8RKH I would prefer the 430 also, esp because I prefer a Manual (but all a matter of taste...)....oh and I am so tired of these "oh..its a limited Edition, buy now or never....." Marketing activities......... 

but: If you (like Lotus I guess) want to compete than you should calculate Prices that make "sense" relating the competition! If Lotus sells the GT430 / GT 430 Sport more or less "easy" than fine for them (and us, as funds for further development is generated).

So how does a manufacturer who sells 2,000 handbuilt cars a year compete with a manufacturer who sells 1.871m cars (2016 global sales figures for Audi)?

The fact that the Lotus is within 10% of the Audi is pretty remarkable if you ask me already.  

The 2017 Audi R8 V10 RWS is 1590kg in weight. 198 mph top speed and 0-62mph in 3.7seconds - 335bhp per ton.

The GT430 is 1258kg in weight. 190 mph top speed and 0-62mph in 3.6seconds - 345bhp per ton.

When you look at the raw figures, I cannot help but feel Lotus is punching weigh, weigh (sic), above its weight when you consider size of companies, scale of companies, revenues of companies etc.

And, the best bit is that the GT430 does not look like an Audi Diseasel TT with a body kit and some fancy paint.

:devil:

• Like 1

The small print.

I think it is very interesting to hear from @saj w h y he has not bought another Lotus - esp the Point that spare part supply a problem and that has been a relevant Point for does not surprise me. No matter if a Lotus costs 50, 70 or 100 k the spare part supply should be better by far! In my 5 years of ownership there were sev occasions in which the spart part supply had been far from "ok / fine"

Also @saj mentions the engine of the R8 that atrracted him - very valid Point in my eyes too, with the 911 gt3 and the R8 there are 2 similar priced cars, both with a very attractive NA engine, comparing these  engines with the Lotus engine I am not convinced that Lotus should have put the 430 in the same (Price) Region (and I am not complaining about the Toyota Basis in General)

my mate has had a few of these...........he agrees with me that theyre boring.......

but he likes the speed and the fact that the car is 4x4 and does eveything for you........

he likes to go incognito quickly

and in turn Ive driven a couple of them....and yep....theyre boring........

I must also admit that I can usually get them mixed up with a TT........haircut anyone?

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I do have to admit that hes finally come to his senses.......the R8 is that boring he's gone all out for the MacLaren (640? I think)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

11 minutes ago, theelanman said:

my mate has had a few of these...........he agrees with me that theyre boring.......

but he likes the speed and the fact that the car is 4x4 and does eveything for you........

he likes to go incognito quickly

and in turn Ive driven a couple of them....and yep....theyre boring........

I must also admit that I can usually get them mixed up with a TT........haircut anyone?

It is RWD ;)

7 minutes ago, theelanman said:

I do have to admit that hes finally come to his senses.......the R8 is that boring he's gone all out for the MacLaren (640? I think)

Good job i'm easily pleased :)

54 minutes ago, plenty said:

No need to defend yourself or your choices, Saj - the reaction to your new car was entirely predictable.

I wasn't really defending the choice, it was more just that the 430GT and any other Lotus wasn't even on the radar for me at this price point.

I'm on a total high with the new car :D

Not my kind of car... even my AC Schnitzer M4 is at least as fast as it (I had one just recently fall victim to my M4 on the Autobahn - he almost killed himself will trying to get rid of me in his review mirror .... and I am pretty sure he sold it afterwards, because it couldnt even get rid of a simple BMW ;-) )  ... moreover, I must agree it looks pretty boring AND it drives as boring as it looks like...