Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LOT SPA Sunday 18th March 2018 - Page 5 - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LOT SPA Sunday 18th March 2018

mcx

Nope, update from Paul was photos of not a drop of snow.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

All good here. Baltic but once tyres get some heat there's grip. Relatively quiet on track too

• Like 2

Glad it wasn't a wasted trip. Hard to believe, lots of snow here this morning but it's feeling much milder already.

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

I heared rumors someone was very fast in his Exige and set a new lap record for the fastest street legal Lotus @Spa ... 

They were checking almost every time in the pit lane for any timing devices... :)  also the track was very cold.. grip was ok up to a point...  don't think I set any records :( 

6 hours ago, mcx said:

They were checking almost every time in the pit lane for any timing devices... :)  also the track was very cold.. grip was ok up to a point...  don't think I set any records :( 

You can always look at your videos afterwards to see how fast it was 😉 ... 

Were you able to use the curbs or were they to slippery? Imagine it must have been pretty tough to get the tires up to temperature ...

Curbs were OK, at least for me. But I got the impression that my Advan AD07s were closer in grip to the others than usual. So I guess that it was indeed hard to get some heat in the semi slicks. Good :-)

It was unpleasantly  cold outside the car. So lots of driving on a clean an empty track. I had fun.

By the afternoon they were checking for timing equipment in every run. Quite right too, timing on a track day invalidates the TDOs insurance. 

That komotec car was flipping quick even so. I thought I was taking eau rouge reasonably competently but he was 20-30mph quicker through it and then powered away down kemmel. 

My car was awesome on the track, and if I were still doing 6-8 trackdays a year I would keep it without question. But the drive there and back was hard work, the lights are shit and the cabin noise over whelming by the a12 last night. So, after a little wavering last night on the way home, I'm definitely sending it to Silverstone tomorrow. Its time for someone else to enjoy it! I'm also looking forward to having my own Evora to powerslide rather than Greg's! 

Wow, very fast time, backs up what Tom was saying about the conditions being good. Hard to believe, I thought it was a wind up! Glad the day worked out, amazed it did, still chucking it down with snow here!

I guess cold air temp is good for inlet temps. Perfect Sport/Cup 380 weather! 

2:38 ... thats a time ... wow ... would mean pole position in the Porsche SuperCup 911 GT3 RS category...  must still be possible to go faster at more optimal temperatures and with a sequential box ... below 2:35 could be possible if @Win911 goes for a sequential box ... :respect:

• Like 1

Try slicks! -5 secs easy at Spa.

V6 CupR Spa lap record is 2.37.7, now you can win Lotus Cup with numberplates on!

Hi All...

for sure it`s not allowed to take Times. How could we handle that in a 3-11, the both Fezzas from D2P ? Should we build the Dash out ?

What kind of Insurance is it, who would pay for a Crash between a Race Car and a Road Car ??? It was a Open Pit Lane Trackday with Race Cars. In Germany there is no Insurance if they start in the same Group.

If I`m wrong please correct me...

Timing could have been done offline. The timing equipment may have been out of the driver's sight. Don't know if it makes it "technically" acceptable, but it is in reality no different from taking times off a video which is fine to run.

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Absolutely ... they could have done this all offline / looked at the data after the fact ...

Also not getting the insurance point btw - I remember having signed a insurance / claim waiver everytime I did a LOT trackday ... and it sounds like they have done their due diligence by enforcing the rules... 

9 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Absolutely ... they could have done this all offline / looked at the data after the fact ...

Also not getting the insurance point btw - I remember having signed a insurance / claim waiver everytime I did a LOT trackday ... and it sounds like they have done their due diligence by enforcing the rules... 

21. Lotus on Track Ltd recommend that track day insurance is taken out by participants and cannot be held responsible for damage occurring to vehicle or person. To be clear: You are not insured by Lotus on Track Ltd when driving on track for any damage to person or property.