Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cars, Bikes, Track Cars Etc - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cars, Bikes, Track Cars Etc

Whatcha got?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't get the whole Harley thing either. I mean, the gearbox is off a tractor, the engine from the 50's and they handle like poo! I could buy something that fits that description for alot less than

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening Toybox.....

Sport 350

Truck

Harbour Rat for messing about on the river.. or harbour

Building myself another of these sportsboats, Its a Disease !

My best bike ever , '06 Speed Triple

My plane ? Full Scale ........ I Wish !

Mike

Edited by MKE40

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Mike

Don't you build em for a living?

Like the Harbour rat, might be cool on the Broads. Trying to talk the Mrs into a speedboat right now to put at Sheringham for the summer. Struggling though....wonder why???? Maybe it's the new bike!

Anywho...didn't know you were a biker, missed that one. Reckon we may have to have an LEF Biker meet and Hoon. Up the old snake pass, camp outside, get pissed beyond all comprehension then ride back next day with a Hangover! Perfect!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Here's my weekend toy in the summer, and required chase/tow vehicle when I don't make it home.

Rolladen Schneider LS-4 standard class sailplane, gets great gas milage!

Also have an old Corolla GTS DD that my daughter now thinks is hers, I need the S1 on the road soon.

Bill

Mike

Don't you build em for a living?

Like the Harbour rat, might be cool on the Broads. Trying to talk the Mrs into a speedboat right now to put at Sheringham for the summer. Struggling though....wonder why???? Maybe it's the new bike!

Anywho...didn't know you were a biker, missed that one. Reckon we may have to have an LEF Biker meet and Hoon. Up the old snake pass, camp outside, get pissed beyond all comprehension then ride back next day with a Hangover! Perfect!

??......since '67

Rats are nice......

Bikes are nicer !! since '56 .

LEF Bike Club is nice , (Karl can be President ! )

Snake pass is nice idea

pissed is nice,

hangover def. not nice at all !! One product from the toybox that you are welcome to.......!!

Mike

Edited by MKE40

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Seems like a good excuse to add some pictures for the first time to the forum (sorry if it doesn't work out. :thumbsup: )

Sorry, I need to dig up some new ones...

post-879-1176974072.jpg

This is my previous V8...

post-879-1176974312.jpg

Here is a gratuitous shot of them together with a friends Black V8 (which might just be the best looking of them all :thumbsup: )

post-879-1176974708.jpg

While I am at it my first Esprit...

post-879-1176974878.jpg

And here one of my Fireblade after a nice young lady executed a U-turn infront of me and turned it into a short wheel base version...

post-879-1176977228.jpg

I still have my first Fireblade which is a '93 model which just refuses to die and let me update it. :vava:

According to the preview this should work.

cheers

-Chris

I have a lot of things to play with but sometimes i ask myself if it isn't to much

you can only have your mind on one thing at a time

Mercedes station 220 cdi (family car)

VW passat station (travel car for going up/down to my work)

porsche 928 GTS Strosek (because it's special ??)

porsche 914-916 conversion (because i yust have it ??)

Lotus SE turbo (because i like it ??)

Aprilia RSV Mille racing bike (for the thrill ??)

reading this

i think i am going to sell some of them

this is getting idiotic

just add up the total amount roadtax and insurance i pay each month

i think i am going to get rid of the 2 porsche's

greets Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Seems like a good excuse to add some pictures for the first time to the forum (sorry if it doesn't work out. :thumbsup: )

Sorry, I need to dig up some new ones...

post-879-1176974072.jpg

This is my previous V8...

post-879-1176974312.jpg

Here is a gratuitous shot of them together with a friends Black V8 (which might just be the best looking of them all :thumbsup: )

post-879-1176974708.jpg

While I am at it my first Esprit...

post-879-1176974878.jpg

And here one of my Fireblade after a nice young lady executed a U-turn infront of me and turned it into a short wheel base version...

post-879-1176977228.jpg

I still have my first Fireblade which is a '93 model which just refuses to die and let me update it. :vava:

According to the preview this should work.

cheers

-Chris

Jeez , Chris that Blade is in a mess .

I hope you did'nt suffer too badly.

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Wow... that Buick looks threatening. Wayne, interesting that you have a Trans Am, as it seems to be the polar opposite of a Lotus. So, at least you get to experience both worlds.

As for the Harleys, though I'm not a biker, my guess is that it's more about image than mechanical sophistication.

I just sold one of my other cars, a VW Rabbit (Golf) Diesel (designed by Giugiaro!). It was fun and certainly economical, but it was time to move on to another automotive chapter in my life. For my next car I've thought about getting an XJ6, but would feel guilty having to leave it out in the rain all the time. Plus, I really don't want an automatic transmission.

All Cows Eat Grass

For my next car I've thought about getting an XJ6, but . . . I really don't want an automatic transmission.

You mean one like this?

JAGXJ6.jpg

I felt the same way about an auto box before I bought mine, but the car is so . . . I don't have words for it . . . but I quickly came to not mind the automatic, and just savor the experience. :vava:

. . . or do you mean one like this?

1991VDPforweb.jpg

It's so Keyser Soze. :thumbsup:

. . . It's a Vanden Plas, complete with Grey Poupon trays :welcome:

greypoupon.jpg

Shameless plug: This VDP is for sale now. The Series III will be for sale in July or August. :thumbsup:

One more non-Lotus in the fleet:

nightporsche.jpg

My favorite daily driver of all time. :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Warning, off topic.

Jeez , Chris that Blade is in a mess .

I hope you did'nt suffer too badly.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It wasn't life threatening but I did get beaten up quite a bit. The worst injury was to my wrist. I had the front brake on hard and my optimism ensured that I held on to it until the impact. Most of my weight went down into my wrist before the summersault over the bonnet, poking my head through the windscreen on the way past. :-) This broke and dislocated most of the small bones in my hand at the wrist joint. The good news is that the surgeons did a great job and the mid term effects are not too bad. I have some limited movement in my wrist but that is all. The long term might see it deteriorate and their have been suggestions of needing to have it fused but I am doubtfull this will be the case. I broke ribs and a minor knee fracture along with some cuts and bruises. However I am most proud of my 'man parts'. Honda's are no match for them :thumbsup:

post-879-1177058164.jpg

cheers

-Chris

Holy Crap Chris!!!! After an impact like that (Testicular parts to steel tank) I bet you sound like a Smurf on Helium!!! :thumbsup:

My injury claim to fame was a high side at a race circuit at a very low speed (about 30) as I lay there milliseconds after the tumble thinking "Wow nothing hurts" the bike landed....on me. So I know what you mean about the hand (all my fingers bust and I have less strength and they grind and crack constantly) and my shoulder went as well.

Still. Alls well, as they say.

Warning, off topic.

Hi Mike,

It wasn't life threatening but I did get beaten up quite a bit. The worst injury was to my wrist. I had the front brake on hard and my optimism ensured that I held on to it until the impact. Most of my weight went down into my wrist before the summersault over the bonnet, poking my head through the windscreen on the way past. :-) This broke and dislocated most of the small bones in my hand at the wrist joint. The good news is that the surgeons did a great job and the mid term effects are not too bad. I have some limited movement in my wrist but that is all. The long term might see it deteriorate and their have been suggestions of needing to have it fused but I am doubtfull this will be the case. I broke ribs and a minor knee fracture along with some cuts and bruises. However I am most proud of my 'man parts'. Honda's are no match for them :thumbup:

post-879-1177058164.jpg

cheers

-Chris

Chris,

Seems that you had a lucky escape.

I hear what you say about the Fusion thing. I have damaged and broken my neck progressively over a thirty year period by continual G forces compressing the 2 and 3 vertebrae while powerboat racing. What was 'electric',shocks across my shoulders in the seventies turned into being paralysed temporarily across the top of my body twenty years later. Result was a slash across the throat to access the front of the spine and a piece of my hip bone being used to fuse two verts together.

Sounds awful but saved me from beng in a wheelchair for the rest of my life!

Rock on , keep biking, keep boating and keep the throttle nailed in that 'Sprit .........you never know when the Grim Reaper will decide that you are having too much fun and cash in your chips !

Some of us are leading a Charmed Life...

Touch wood !

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Ah, Tony, you taunt me with those cars.

The Jags are very nice; I think I could be happy with either style, actually. There was a beautiful 1996 XJ6 (blue with white interior) which I passed up because it was so nice I'd feel guilty leaving it in the rain all the time.

I've thought about the 944's also; they're a bargain ...for now.

All Cows Eat Grass

Holy Crap Chris!!!! After an impact like that (Testicular parts to steel tank) I bet you sound like a Smurf on Helium!!! :thumbup:

My injury claim to fame was a high side at a race circuit at a very low speed (about 30) as I lay there milliseconds after the tumble thinking "Wow nothing hurts" the bike landed....on me. So I know what you mean about the hand (all my fingers bust and I have less strength and they grind and crack constantly) and my shoulder went as well.

Still. Alls well, as they say.

Chris,

Seems that you had a lucky escape.

I hear what you say about the Fusion thing. I have damaged and broken my neck progressively over a thirty year period by continual G forces compressing the 2 and 3 vertebrae while powerboat racing. What was 'electric',shocks across my shoulders in the seventies turned into being paralysed temporarily across the top of my body twenty years later. Result was a slash across the throat to access the front of the spine and a piece of my hip bone being used to fuse two verts together.

Sounds awful but saved me from beng in a wheelchair for the rest of my life!

Rock on , keep biking, keep boating and keep the throttle nailed in that 'Sprit .........you never know when the Grim Reaper will decide that you are having too much fun and cash in your chips !

Some of us are leading a Charmed Life...

Touch wood !

Mike

The trouble with probably all of us on this forum is that we like the speed and the rush, its fun! So accidents are bound to happen sooner or later, but you could also get hit by that proverbial bus. I consider myself lucky that all I have is a slightly problematic wrist and a good dinner party story. :thumbup:

It could have been so much worse, both of your stories remind me of that. I echo your remarks Mike, life is for living and we shouldn't spend too much time (maybe a little especially now I have one and a half little ones) worrying about enjoying it too much.

BTW If you want to see more pics of the bike (I am kinda proud I survived it) follow... http://www.spank-it.co.uk/main/fireblade.html

cheers

-Chris

I tried, honestly I did. but the photos will not come up.

1989 Lotus Turbo Esprit

1969 Lotus Type 61

2005 Lotus Elise

1997 Ducati 900ss/sp

2000 Ducati M900s

Edited by abrussich

heh, alright...

DSCN2022.jpg

The pink one :cheers: If people wonder if I'm gay for driving a pink car, I just say "it'th not pink. It'th THALMON!!!" :P Plus you'll have no clue how many little girls love the- never mind :P

STATUS: in need of a manifold... and while I'm at it, new carb, cam, etc... and a front end rebuild. But at least I've got it basically driveable now... yeah, that's what I've been doing while I've not been on the forum :thumbup: Has working AC too B)

chev.jpg

STATUS: Runs fine, about to put a 5 speed in it (as soon as I get the tailshaft that'll let me keep the bench seat), got about a million planned projects for it, but right now content just to drive it heh.

DSCN0836.jpg

STATUS: It'll start. Kinda. Just need to really give the fuel systems a good cleaning... And rebuild the brake cylinders, I think. And pay about $3000 and interest in unpaid parking tickets :) Plus needs an interior, and all that ratty parking dent protection removed... My uncle felt it necessary to extinguish cigarettes on every bit of the interior. Ashtray's pristine though :)

new.jpg

STATUS: Well, the engine's out, but I'll have it back by Friday :welcome: (they tell me :))

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Nice to hear from you again Sladey boy, thought you'd dissappeared on us again!

Nice collection by the way!

I remember we had this kind of thread already....but who care's :rant:

Here are Jussi vehicles today:

Daily driver (cabriolet for nice Finnish weather :wallbash: )

peugeot.jpg

Our "family car" :P

Alright it's Heli's, But yes I drive that car also....just love that flower theme :unworthy:

107.jpg

And our summer car :rofl:

lot1.jpg

Sorry I'm not for bikes...but Harley would be nice, some really modified one...although I even haven't any license to drive motorcycle.

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+