Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Group chat - Whatsapp - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Group chat - Whatsapp

RoflOnMyWaffle

Hey guys, do any of you use or have a group chat on whatsapp for Lotus related things?
I'm part of a group 350/370z's but they get a bit arsey if I'm off topic ranting about how amazing the Lotus is xD

Is anyone interested in that? Not strictly Lotus related, anything car/banter goes :)

TLF started back in 2004 as the old email groups that used to be used would always have arsey people ranting that the messages weren't all strictly technical. The idea of a forum with lots of sub forums is that you can take what you want from it and don't have to read what you don't. You can even customise your own 'view new content' feeds to just get what you want. I've a feeling that a Whatsapp group would soon be ignored by most as the signal/noise ratio would end up quickly out of control. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

15 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

We average around 150-200 messages a day, so just mute the conversation notifications and reply as and when :)

Just an idea thats all, forum can be quiet sometimes

Not for me. Last thing I want is my phone bonging 150-200 more times a day

Use FB messenger group for friends I drink down the pub with , as can use on iPad aswell as phone.  Becomes a virtual pub ;)

Forums like this make it easier to dip in and out for only the areas you are 8nterested about. 

@bibs is there any easy way to see “new posts” only across forums you follow ?

<uodate> ignore bibs , I found out how to do it ,....excellent forum software :)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

The software also had as 'fluid' view which you can see by clicking here...

Opera Snapshot_2018-02-08_104949_www.thelotusforums.com.png

You get this and can pick and choose what you'd like the forum home page to display from the forums list on the right of the page. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/new-fluid-forum-view-r1026/

Opera Snapshot_2018-02-08_105419_www.thelotusforums.com.png

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 2/7/2018 at 13:38, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Hey guys, do any of you use or have a group chat on whatsapp for Lotus related things?
I'm part of a group 350/370z's but they get a bit arsey if I'm off topic ranting about how amazing the Lotus is xD

Is anyone interested in that? Not strictly Lotus related, anything car/banter goes :)

Who says there aren't whatsapp chats already? :sofa: