Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ELECTRICAL ISSUE - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

ELECTRICAL ISSUE

This is novice stuff I know but........

returning from a 3 week break, the car needed a jump start (which is always fun on an Evora for many many reasons). After getting it started, I took it out for a spin to clear the cobwebs and get some life back in the battery but half-way through my journey the left indicators stopped working. (Both)

There's no relay sound from the glove box, nothing?? The right side works normally. With Hazard lights, only the right side works. 

Have I blown a fuse or is this a bigger issue?

As I mentioned, I'm a complete car novice but when I take it to a garage I'm usually confronted with a man holding a spanner and a blank look as there are still people who are yet to see one of these cars let alone try and explain how it works. And when that happens, in my experience, I get a lot of 'blagging'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unfortunately there is only one fuse (C11 in the passenger footwell fuse box) that covers all the indicators and hazard lights, so I think there may be a fault either in the column switch or the wiring.

Thanks for that,  I'll check the wiring.

If it was in the column, would they still work with the hazard lights on ? A friend suggested resetting the ECU but I'm not sure how that could work?? It's got to be a hard fault somewhere. Wiring is now top of the list.

The same thing happened to a guy over here. No left turn signal and no left hazards.

Do the lights flash when you use the alarm (lights would be separately activated by alarm module). If so, the thought was that there was a fault with the A2 output (that drives the left hand turn signal) of the ICM (Integrated control module).

Aha - good thinking. I checked the hazards but never thought about the alarm.

if there is a fault, presumably it's the whole ICM that needs to come out? Logically that would be in the footwell box under the glove box somewhere right?

Edited by 80in3rd