Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best place to buy harness bar and harness ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Best place to buy harness bar and harness ?

With a few track days upcoming need to get these in place.  Looking for harness bar that doesn’t need interior trim being cut about.  4 point harness would be fine, as long as it can sit beside standard seat belt for road use. 

Recommendations ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Only few days ago after some deliberations I've paid for the harness bar and harness fitment bolts to @Seriouslylotus and 4-point Schroth harnesses to sportseats4u.co.uk.

Also decided ti get the HANS devices and new helmets before using this car with the harnesses. So far Demon Tweeks seems to be the best option for this.

• Like 1

I got Hoffman’s to do my install, schroth 4 points didn’t arrive after 4 weeks so they put trs 4 points in as the they had those in stock. They were great for my track day and half the price. My harness bar is from lotus - straight bar.

I would recommend gsm motorsport over demon. Much more flexible on price, great service and a family owned firm; also nearer you.

bought my helmet from them and they were superb.

• Like 1

Is there any place that sells the V6 harness bar other than @Seriouslylotus ? Been chasing him for a shipping quote since mid january and I still haven't gotten one!

8 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

MSAR also sell the kit that allows you to use the harnesses whilst the standard belts remain installed.

i searched on their website they don't seem to have the harness bar though. 

I've been in contact with MSAR for the past few hours, they've been pretty quick to respond to my emails. They have the same harness bar just not listed on their website as well as the harness and the kit to keep my OEM belts. So looks like I might end up getting everything from them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 21:40, vd9 said:

Only few days ago after some deliberations I've paid for the harness bar and harness fitment bolts to @Seriouslylotus and 4-point Schroth harnesses to sportseats4u.co.uk.

Also decided ti get the HANS devices and new helmets before using this car with the harnesses. So far Demon Tweeks seems to be the best option for this.

I also have the seriously bar but I tried to order harnesses from sportseats4u as they were about £100 cheaper, however after nearly 8 weeks they still hadn't arrived so i had to cancel the order.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:10, mark248am said:

Is there any place that sells the V6 harness bar other than @Seriouslylotus ? Been chasing him for a shipping quote since mid january and I still haven't gotten one

Sorry Mark

Had a few weeks of being rather unwell, Sadly this affect email responses and general business duties somewhat...Sorry

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:34, alias23 said:

Seriously Lotus bar was the original Sector 111 V-Bar ;)

No its NOT

Very very similar but not the same. The Sector bar stops the seat going all the way back

Hence the new bar being UK produced with adaption to clear the seats when they are pushed all the way back

2 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

No its NOT

Very very similar but not the same. The Sector bar stops the seat going all the way back

Hence the new bar being UK produced with adaption to clear the seats when they are pushed all the way back

Even better then :)

www.alias23.com

I got my harness bar from MSAR (its not listed on their website you need to email them about it) and installed it a couple of days ago. Perfect fit and chair goes all the way back still. But does anyone know how hard I should tighten the seatbelt bolts? I'm worried i might strip the thread if I do tighten it too hard.

harnessbar.jpg

harnessbar2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've just got my Schroth 4-point harness for my V6. It has a bag of washers for the lap belt. Does anyone have any idea what washers go where? A photo would be good :)

I have checked the install instructions, but they didn't help.

BTW I installed the Simply Sports Cars harness bar myself. Very nice bit of kit :)

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2018 at 08:34, mark248am said:

I got my harness bar from MSAR (its not listed on their website you need to email them about it) and installed it a couple of days ago. Perfect fit and chair goes all the way back still. But does anyone know how hard I should tighten the seatbelt bolts? I'm worried i might strip the thread if I do tighten it too hard.

Looks good, how much is the harness bar? After one of these and some belts.

(unsure of how much to tighten, just really tight 😀)

Cheers

• 2 years later...
On 05/03/2018 at 08:34, mark248am said:

harnessbar.jpg

harnessbar2.jpg

Hi can you tell me if the harnesses fit through the carbon seats ok? I’ve been told the seriously lotus bar does not fit with the new carbon seats as the harness holes have a different location to the older seats causing the harnesses not to lie flat and have a slight kink. 

The SSC harness bar sits 40mm higher than the factory bar - With Schroth Harnesses they supply spacers to enable retention of factory lap-sash belt.

SSC_Harness-bar.jpg

Edited by IanA
More info

To expand, the yellow tab should be on the inside. This is the weaker strap which can, in the event of a serious front impact, tear. When both harnesses are fitted correct, this means that the driver and passenger swing outwards away from each other. With this installation, they would swing towards one another which is extremely dangerous. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.