Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New 410 musings - Ex Cayman - Page 14 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New 410 musings - Ex Cayman

jonnyboy

I really don’t want to wade into the discussion too much because it’s obviously an emotionally charged one. But I’ve just taken delivery of my third Evora—2010 NA to special ordered 2014 S to 2017 400. The 2010 NA had been sitting in Oman for two years before I bought it. It definitely had some teething pains. But besides sitting for two years, it was also the first year of a brand new model for Lotus. The other two cars came in perfect, as expected condition. It’s tempting to draw broad conclusions from anecdotal experiences . . . but it’s also unfair and often inaccurate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonnyboy said:

"...by all means order a new one but inspect it meticulously/forensically or pay someone to do that for you before you accept delivery of it. Do not assume as I did (as a time served indie dealer in the Lotus world if you din't know) that everything will be more or less right with it. 

Hmm, by default you have paid for someone else to inspect it, so really that is where any issue should be identified. Sadly this has not been the case for you.

But more or less right though? Looking at some comments about other cars on this thread some may say yours isn't all that bad, that is to say redeemable such it is acceptable to you. Please keep us posted with updates on any resolution with your lovely car.

I am now going to sit back and wait for troll boy's inevitable contribution :ice:*

*not you Jonny btw :)

11 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I am now going to sit back and wait for troll boy's inevitable contribution :ice:*

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/guidelines/

• No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate an argument. Personal attacks or name-calling is not permitted.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

10 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

This may be Stockholm syndrome but even with all the hassles and extended period of  abandonment I have experienced and even my previous advice to "just buy a Porsche" I could still not advise you to completely rule out buying an Evora just purely because it's a very very good car to drive.  Being separated from it for so long has reinforced to me what a truly great car it is. 

My revised advise after many weeks to sit and consider the situation would be to either buy a used one or by all means order a new one but inspect it meticulously/forensically or pay someone to do that for you before you accept delivery of it. Do not assume as I did (as a time served indie dealer in the Lotus world if you din't know) that everything will be more or less right with it. I would treat any new Lotus with the level of caution you would if you were buying it from a bloke you had just met in a pub who may also be selling fresh cuts of meat from a sports holdall. 

Good advice, very fair. 

That's excellent news @jonnyboy and I'm very glad that Lotus have stepped up here and you will get your faith restored in Lotus and the car. The 410's really are wonderful.

Any news on the seat brackets lol.......

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

That's excellent news @jonnyboy and I'm very glad that Lotus have stepped up here and you will get your faith restored in Lotus and the car. The 410's really are wonderful.

Any news on the seat brackets lol.......

Picking up tomorrow :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great news just shows what can be achieved when stick to your guns, and bravo to lotus, things are looking great to all you new potential new owners, go out there and buy with with confidence with the new ownership in place.

Great to hear.  Hopefully the new owners will get Lotus on track with customer service 

Great example of how it should be done is here.  Owner picked up a new AM Vantage and posted 

“Few little trim issues which I've reported direct to the factory and they couldn't jump high enough”

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

This is great news and I am glad logic prevailed.

having been through the mill with my exige (won’t bore you with the details) I can completely agree with the Stockholm analogy.

you become overjoyed at getting the thing back even though it shouldn’t have been gone in the first place! Go figure! 

Enjoy the car.....

• 2 weeks later...