Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Cup 430 Type 25 Collector's Piece - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Cup 430 Type 25 Collector's Piece

alexthewheelman

Side skirts and rear winglets making a welcome return. (For me at least!)

But of course it's just a render so could be completely different in the flesh. 

Looks FANTASTIC in that colour!

• Like 2

Rear winglets look different to 380 style. Much prefer these stripes over the 380cup/430cup

Don't like the body colour rear (taillight area)

Edited by BAS

Glorious! I’d also prefer a black rear but unfair of Lotus to try and tempt me out of the Evora already!

Even by current Lotus standards it’s a bit early for a special edition though surely? I’d love to know the rationale if there is one.

• Like 1

For he older readers on here, reminds me of an Archie Bell and the Drells record... FFS

3 minutes ago, SFO said:

Are the stripes and pinstripes painted or stickers?

love the colour combination of both 

need interior pic of seats 

Most likely paint like the 380/430 cup.

Looks stunning, sure there will be lucky 25 buyers out there. Why not use your heritage to sell cars, all the other manufacturer's that have any motorsport history do.

• Like 1

At this level no two 430’s are alike everyone has what they want, they are all one offs really or certainly can be, arguably should be for the price too. So it certainly doesn’t annoy me if they do editions, much more important things out there to be bothered about. While it may look like Lotus marketing is focused primarily on upsetting those few customers left who are brave, loyal and daft enough to buy new, really the only grounds for being upset by a limited edition if you wanted something very similar but was told you can’t have it. Anyone who just bought a Cup 430 just needs to remember that their non limited production car is rarer than any edition!

Interesting that the extra aero parts aren’t worth any downforce, claim is unchanged, for what it’s worth I like the look of them.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, BatMobile said:

we should start a special edition sweepstake! 

If that was a nod to the 99t I think I would have been on the phone to Hofmann’s asap.

I bet Lotus would make you one, and then it'd be 1 of 1!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Have Lotus sold 25 430's yet? I'd like to think Lotus are just playing along with the joke now, especially as it's 3k of options plus sills and winglets for 10kish - if someone will pay that rather than speccing there own then why not.

They'd be better of billing these as a showcase for their exclusive programme and getting people into that

I remember 10 years ago, saw the Jim Clark Type 25 Elise SC on the internet. I e-mailed the dealer that night and was talking to the dealer by 9 am the next day, and paid the deposit there and then.

To my knowledge, it was the top of the range Lotus at the time, since it matched the 240PP Exige (I didn't  know the 260 Cup Exige existed)

I feel ever so sad that this Exige doesn't do it for me, even if it is top of the range. I've always fancied doing the same thing assuming Lotus would release a 50th anniversary Type 25.

I'm so put off by the fact you get 3 k worth of options for 10k extra cost. That concept to me is an insurmountable hurdle. The Jim Clark Elise had 6k of options for 3.5k extra cost, plus Lotus paid a contribution to the Jim Clark memorial fund. And it was still cheaper than an Exige 240PP. Bargain.

Maybe Lotus will surprise me and launch a Jim Clark Elise Sprint 260 on 7th April, with not a hint of matt black on it, twin tail lights and proper width yellow stripe over full body colour green, with the wooden gear knob the same shape as the Type 25 race car, red interior and steering wheel...

...or I might just drift into classic car ownership by keeping the Jim Clark Elise. 

Edited by PeteType25
  • Like 1

Yes Type 25 Elises are still stunning and one of the best ever Lotus special editions.

However the '£3k worth of options' figure only includes air con, cruise control, carpets and the stereo (which requires sound deadening). It doesn't include the cost of the paint, extra barge boards, yellow accent stripes (were something like £1800 to option previously), diamond cut wheels (a £900 option on the GT430), cruise control, wooden gearknob, electrical cut off and extinguisher. That's just going by what I can see on the render. An Exclusive paint job like this could easily cost £5000 to replicate and before anyone has a heart attack over that, McLaren have paintjobs costing over £20k.

Still sodding expensive of course but it's not '£3k worth of options for £10k'. Not having a go at you personally Pete but the same line is being used all over social media to knock the car and it's not accurate or fair in this instance. Looks more like £10k worth of options for £10k to me. Not a bargain by any means but also not the blatant rip-off that some like to claim.

• Like 1