Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 5 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

To be honest, I'm still amazed myself whenever I look at my car so I can only begin to imagine how those not lucky enough to even know what it is must feel. At Silverstone over the Classic weekend it attracted loads of viewers but it was clear that an awful lot of people simply do not know what the car is although they know they like it. I caught one group avidly reading the Evora badges on the flanks and then pointed out to them the slightly clearer version on the backside.

Would be interesting to remove all badges and then ask people what make of car they think it is and price of car. Could be a great marketing viral video for Lotus

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Attended local car meet to once again be asked if this was a new Lotus model, as never seen one before ! Even had the 458 Spider owner admiring the car and asking about it.

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I do love owning a car that gets you a wave from another owner. Big effort from a fellow owner to crawl along side me while we were queuing for the Dartford tunnel just so we could check each other's spec out. The Porsche owner looked a bit left out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought i'd been 'Outposed' at work when someone turned up in a new F-Type R Coupe. However the girls in the office downstairs said "No one even looked at it, when you first brought your car in everyone looked at it." At that point a delivery driver walked in and said "Nice car outside (mine)."  :thumbsup:

Sorry Jaguar! :whistle:

• Like 2

Good to know.  My mate takes delivery of his V6S very soon.  Up to now he's been an Audi man and it was no competition even with TTRS but I'm worried this time.  Especially as SWMBO keeps telling me she likes the F-Type can I not go and look at one.  I've so far resisted the urge - in case I'm tempted by the dark side.  Not sure how well selling as I've still not seen one out on road other than outside Jaguar Glasgow.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On my first drive I waded through a street mall area and my wife said a little girl (probably in primary school) just dropped her jaw and pointed at us, while tugging at her parents to look look look!!!

Had a few people comment on how nice it looks, but the funniest reaction is when people are snapped out of their zombie like state and just go :question:

SWMBO keeps telling me she likes the F-Type can I not go and look at one.  I've so far resisted the urge - in case I'm tempted by the dark side

I checked out the V6S as a matter of due diligence before buying my Evora. My thoughts:

- feels very luxurious inside, but there is nowhere near as much sense of occasion

- the boot is quite unusable. The Evora's boot may seem small at first, but you can pack quite a lot of stuff into it

- it didn't look as good in real life as it does in photos; Evora is the other way around

No danger in checking it out ;)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

So today I pulled into the service station behind a 911 just as the driver came out of the door.

His only question was if he could take a picture. I kindly obliged.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Got blinded by a bright light whilst in Epsom high street today. Took me a few seconds to register it was a camera flash from the top deck of the bus in front of me.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I filled up at a local petrol station last night which was pretty busy; when I went to the till the lady had already brought my amount up. Conversation went something like:

Me: Hi, number oh yeah that one

Her: I'm getting used to that being your car, just don't change it anytime soon

Me: I don't intend to, I love it

Her: It caused an argument between two customers last time you were here

Me: What did?

Her: Your car! One of them insisted it was a Nissan. I told him no matter what it is it isn't a Nissan!

A Nissan?!

He would probably also confuse Bette Midler with Angelina Jolie.  :huh:

On the other hand, the Nissan Emerg-e WAS basically an Evora 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Parked outside a rather questionable wetherspoons with a nightclub next door. Parked right outside the entrance to both (hey...I was there when it was quiet! VIP parking if you will.

As the pub was kicking out and the nightclub opening, I decided it was time to leave.

Huge mob of folk around it, with complete bewilderment and shock (both expression and vocal) as I got into it :D As a side note...I always thought having people around your car was a good sign. All I could think about were all the potential scratch marks! Learnt my lesson there!

On the flip side, a older male neighbour the other day told me he was looking at buying 'one of those' in the 80s. Not quite sure he recalled correctly :D

Edited by Kalli

Its a very well-to-do club (i'm lying, ofcourse).

My view was simple; dark car park with no cameras, and dodgy business....OR

Right outside the bouncers. :)