Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 25 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

• Gold FFM

As a Lotus owner, sometimes is pays to be accepting of the fact that different cars appeal to different people. When I talk to younger guys, most of them haven't really heard of the Evora so I always take the time to point out the things that make it stand out, or the many reasons it is (in my mind) a "better" car than an M4 etc...

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few people with rather nice cars admiring mine over the last week. All commented on its looks and its interior, its fit and finish, and its performance on track.  Two people asked why they hadn't seen this model when they looked at the the car at the dealers.  Sad to say that I had to tell them all the bits they were admiring weren't available from Lotus. I love Lotus but they are missing a trick by making 90% of the car and then not finishing it to customer expectations. There is a market out there for customer spec cars. 

• Like 1

Lovely. Very nice indeed.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

Think I may have set a record for the longest distance reaction to my Evora.......

Just spent this evening with my big brother, he is working in Washington for 3 years, but in the UK for some meetings this week and is staying with our parents. One of his US counterparts is with him, who, apparently turned up at his doorstep in Washington at the beginning of September......

"Mark, come and take a look at this, I've brought the toy"

"Oh an Evora"

"You know what it is?"

"Yes, my brother just chopped one of those in for a 400" 

Appararently his face was a picture :hrhr:

Looks like I may have a visitor, if they get a chance.

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

His sound a bit special. Mark thought he had referred to it as an Evora Black, or something similar. US only model with carbon roof, spoiler and other bits and pieces. Does anyone have any info on this version? Sounds a bit like the carbon concept.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

The 'Black Pack' was essentially the US paint version of the Sport Racer i.e. roof, sills, wing mirrors all painted black. 

If these parts are actually all carbon fibre, I suspect that they might actually be after market (i.e. HKfever). Although I've seen some prototype OEM carbon parts, they weren't readily available IIRC. 

That's what I thought but Mark was under the impression that he'd bought it new and they were standard. I'll get Mark to keep digging. 

11 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

They asked how much was it of course and when I told them and they both raised an eyebrow... 

Did you also tell them that they won't be able to buy one (especially not a 'track only' one like your's)? ;)

• Gold FFM

@TheKevlarKid that seems like a fairly common thing, I've heard numerous stories from various places about people who own serious exotica but are still blown away by the Evora - or who feel it offers something that cars costing many times the price just don't.

James Martin (JayEmm)

20 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Did you also tell them that they won't be able to buy one (especially not a 'track only' one like your's)? ;)

The green GTN car is still for sale is it not at around £48k. That would be a no brainer surely for them?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

The 'Black Pack' was essentially the US paint version of the Sport Racer i.e. roof, sills, wing mirrors all painted black. 

If these parts are actually all carbon fibre, I suspect that they might actually be after market (i.e. HKfever). Although I've seen some prototype OEM carbon parts, they weren't readily available IIRC. 

Ok, apparently it is about 3 years old. Black with carbon parts, bought new and was a limited edition for the US only. Sounds like a nice package to me.

55 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The green GTN car is still for sale is it not at around £48k. That would be a no brainer surely for them?

It's close but it won't have the wider track of the GTE. 

20 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Ok, apparently it is about 3 years old. Black with carbon parts, bought new and was a limited edition for the US only. Sounds like a nice package to me.

Fair enough. Can he get any photos of it?

Going to try and get some when they are back in the states.

One of my friends picked up a 991 GT3RS yesterday, so good excuse for a bunch of us to go for a hoon ending up at a cafe for brekkie. 

Get there and RS owner states he won't follow me again.  He was trying to get to know his car, but couldn't hear his engine or exhaust over the noise from the Evora :lol:

The RS does sound nice though on full chat ....just a tad out of my price range !!

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

I was out in the Elise the other day, turned a corner and coming the other direction was another Ardent Red 111R. Had to stop and say hi, had a quick chat with the guy. We remarked on the likelihood of such a meeting. I mentioned my other cars, including the Evora. He said "Oh, is it yellow?" and I said yep, he said "I followed you the other day, very nice car!"

Which was nice.

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 11/4/2016 at 23:36, Colin P said:

Think I may have set a record for the longest distance reaction to my Evora.......

Just spent this evening with my big brother, he is working in Washington for 3 years, but in the UK for some meetings this week and is staying with our parents. One of his US counterparts is with him, who, apparently turned up at his doorstep in Washington at the beginning of September......

"Mark, come and take a look at this, I've brought the toy"

"Oh an Evora"

"You know what it is?"

"Yes, my brother just chopped one of those in for a 400" 

Apparently his face was a picture :hrhr:

Looks like I may have a visitor, if they get a chance.

.... so I had an American visitor today......

Managed to get the story on his car - brother got it all wrong!. It is a 2011 N/A in Gunmetal with the black pack.

From walking up to the back of the 400 from the road the superlatives started and the smile appeared on his face. Starting it had "the usual" reaction. Took him out for a little spin. Amazing was his opinion, but too bad we don't have them in the US - Oh yes you do, first couple of Dozen landed last month!

Looks like the man maths has started. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2016 at 10:10, C8RKH said:

I don't understand why this hasn't sold?!!

Its seems like amazing value... I've just put a deposit down on a Lotus (two more sleeps...?), it's the left hooker right? GTS 1 of 3 at B & C? 

Love the look of it, give it the Komo treatment and you have a 400 slayer! For 20k less ?

Yes, totally stripped out interior too. it's stunning. So purposeful.

The small print.