Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gumball Fatal Crash - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gumball Fatal Crash

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not good at all, feel sorry for the families involved, as they really were innocent

i assume.

this could mean the end of the gumball, the biggest gumball ever was set for

next year uk-oz but i think its doubtfull.

i see alex roy has pulled out already

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

So embarassing that this is how they will see Britons :thumbsup:

Not that someone was injured and killed which is bad enough.... but that they tried to run away

So so shameful :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• Gold FFM

Terrible News for all concerned. Not totally surprised something hasn't ended in Fatalities before now, seeing some resulting 'offs' from previous years. Great entertainment viewing hundreds of exotic cars at speed but consequences can prove devastating as unfortunately has been realised this year.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

yep i just got the email aswell, going to end at the next check point (last night)

really not good at all, they usually just crash themselves but when innocent ppl

come into the equation its different. not going to bring the man back by any means

but they will get a very big bung im thinking from max and all concerned. very sad

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

This will also be used to hit all of us over the heads with for years to come :thumbsup:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

That is despicable, what a shithead. So long for the Gumball Rally. Seems the organiser tried to keep it quiet and have the event carry on too for 24 hours until the news caught up with the sponsors et al. :(

PS the email...

Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday’s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper

Founder & CEO

The Gumball 3000 Group

It appears that they hadn't made plans for if this sort of thing happened either which isn't very clever. :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Its a complete and utter disgrace.

I hope the guy gets locked up.

This has been waiting to happen for years.

The Gumball should cease and Max Million should make some serious donations to charity with the profits made (yes I know they already do so but he has known for a long time that he has been making money in a dubious manner)

We all love fast cars and I am no angel as I do test my car from time to time but if you want to race cars then do it on a race track and not on public roads.

I had the chance once to help organise a Gumball type run but questioned myself as I thought it may put other innocent peoples lives at risk.

For some, not all, people money can ruin their morals.

Speech over.

*DISCLAIMER* This is in no way intended to justify or mitigate anything it is purely information.

According to today's Telegraph, the chap died from a heart attack on his way to the hospital.

It looks as if there may well be a lot more to this than meets the eye. Couple of examples:-

ITV & Manchester Evening News -

"It is believed the two men waited at the scene until ambulance crews arrived to help the driver of the second car, before rejoining the race towards the Albanian border.

It is thought the men reported the accident to police when they arrived at the border, and were asked to give statements.

But it is believed that as they returned to the border to continue their trip they were told the other person involved had died and were taken back to a nearby police station, where Mr Morley was held."

Evidently a Balkans based media website is also reporting that a preliminary investigation has shown that at least some of the blame for the accident may rest with the deceased driver.

So let's try to remain objective until the full facts emerge.

Edited by Tentenths

Thanks for that James!

For all my rants, I really ought to know better than to believe a single bloody thing in the meeja!