Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Level Warning - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Level Warning

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like someone knows something here that I'm missing?

Unfortunately, I now have the whiff of petrol.

Annoyingly, I put the sump protector tray on too soon and had to take it off again as my off side tank now has a slight weep from the drain plug

it's because I didn't replace the copper washers (I didn't have any new ones) and they are obviously compressed enough already and I don't want to over tighten and risk breaking something - would be a world of pain!

Could I get away with rubber washer, adding some silicone tape/sealant or some other plumbing washers, does it have to be copper?

• Gold FFM

You really need a new copper washer.

@petehad a similar problem a few years ago with his TE.  I found one of the tanks was badly rusted and had been repaired with P38 or equivalent, then painted to hide it.  It appears this had reacted with fuel to cause a gel-like substance that sporadically blocked the tank outlet.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Never did get the car to run on the nearside tank until @sparky  replaced it

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Any autoparts store should have a selection of copper washers to chose from.

Glad you got it fixed!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.